Luggage Question...Yet Again

2 Feb 2009 cheryll86 said

Hi there!<BR><BR>This question has probably already been answered somewhere in this forum but I've searched about 3 pages and can't be bothered searching anymore to be honest so here I go...<BR><BR>Not only am I doing the European Vista and Greek Island Hopping, but I will also be travelling to Croatia and Spain without Contiki afterwards. Now I heard for the tours that a suitcase with wheels is fine but what about when I'm not with the tour? I also heard that travelling on trains is real packed and best suited for backpacks? So far I'm thinking a small wheely suitcase and a small backpack (will this be enough for 6 weeks?) Thanks for any advice guys!!<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Cheryl
  • 2 Feb 2009 PinaI said

When you’re not with the tour you can take whatever you like with you. It’s your trip!

Personally, I’d much rather lug around a suitcase with wheels than a big, bulky, heavy backpack! The trains will always be packed, backpack or suitcase won’t really matter.

• 3 Feb 2009 Ness said

im going with a wheeled backpack. it has padded bits that cover the wheels so you can carry it as a backpack.. i havent used it yet, but i figure as long as you’re not doing a lot of trekking around then it gives you the best of both worlds.. may be cautious about it if i were going to do a lot of trekking where you have to carry it on your back for extented periods – not sure how comfy it would be

• 3 Feb 2009 CharleyGirl said

whatever you do, pack as small as possible. The issue is not carrying it, it is handling it on the trains and down the steps into stations. I had a wheeled suitcase, but when I go again I will most definately take a small’ish backpack (40 Liters or so)

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.