Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Luggage Question...Yet Again

2 Feb 2009 cheryll86 said

Default_avatar
Hi there!

This question has probably already been answered somewhere in this forum but I've searched about 3 pages and can't be bothered searching anymore to be honest so here I go...

Not only am I doing the European Vista and Greek Island Hopping, but I will also be travelling to Croatia and Spain without Contiki afterwards. Now I heard for the tours that a suitcase with wheels is fine but what about when I'm not with the tour? I also heard that travelling on trains is real packed and best suited for backpacks? So far I'm thinking a small wheely suitcase and a small backpack (will this be enough for 6 weeks?) Thanks for any advice guys!!

Regards,
Cheryl
  • 2 Feb 2009 PinaI said

PinaI

When you’re not with the tour you can take whatever you like with you. It’s your trip!

Personally, I’d much rather lug around a suitcase with wheels than a big, bulky, heavy backpack! The trains will always be packed, backpack or suitcase won’t really matter.

• 3 Feb 2009 Ness said

Default_avatar

im going with a wheeled backpack. it has padded bits that cover the wheels so you can carry it as a backpack.. i havent used it yet, but i figure as long as you’re not doing a lot of trekking around then it gives you the best of both worlds.. may be cautious about it if i were going to do a lot of trekking where you have to carry it on your back for extented periods – not sure how comfy it would be

• 3 Feb 2009 CharleyGirl said

Default_avatar

whatever you do, pack as small as possible. The issue is not carrying it, it is handling it on the trains and down the steps into stations. I had a wheeled suitcase, but when I go again I will most definately take a small’ish backpack (40 Liters or so)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion