Community_discussions_small  

Question

Sleeping Bags - Contiki Basement

20 Mar 2014 Shawnee asked

Shawnee

Hi Everyone

I'm doing a Camping tour at the end of April and I'm just curious about the sleeping bags available from the contiki basement. Are they good quality? Do they keep you warm? e.t.c.

Any info is much appreciated.

• 20 Mar 2014 MrRiceGuyRJ said

MrRiceGuyRJ

I unfortunately do not know the answer to your question, but I was curious on when your camping tour is. I’m hoping to chat with people and hear their experiences in regards to their camping tours because I’m going to be doing one at the end of September to see Europe and check out Oktoberfest

• 21 Mar 2014 Shawnee said

Shawnee

Heya, my tour is The Big Chill starting on the 29th of April and finishing mid June. I’m happy to let you know how it goes :)

• 21 Mar 2014 MrRiceGuyRJ said

MrRiceGuyRJ

Holy smokes! That’s a lot of time in a tent :-p Good luck and have a blast. I’m looking forward to hearing all about it.

• 17 Apr 2014 Leeno said

Leeno

If it’s not too late for packing for your trip, make sure you tae plenty of layers of clothes. I did a camping trip at a similar time last year and there were a few nights it got below zero. I took my own sleeping bag and ended up sleeping in tights, thin trackies plus jeans, and 4 layers on top inside my sleeping bag and was only just warm enough to sleep. Some of the girls packed for warmer weather and didn’t have enough clothes to put on, they shivered themselves awake all night! Mind you – in Athens we were sleeping without the sleeping bags at all.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion