Community_discussions_small  

Question

Cancelled tour? List it here ...

31 Jan 2007 ptooma asked

Default_avatar

If your tour was cancelled list it here ...
Indicate tour name and date, and date when you found out it was cancelled. Hopefully this may serve as a reference as to when tours are more frequently cancelled - or less popular. That said, you NEED to get insurance!!

Tour Name:
Tour Date:
Date it was cancellled:

• 3 Dec 2010 strawberri said

strawberri

so a definite departure mark will mean it wont be cancelled?

• 5 Dec 2010 m0lly said

Default_avatar

Definate departure means it wont be cancelled unless due to circumstances beyond contiki’s control (e.g. natural disaster or something). I made sure when booking my tours to chose dates with definite departures – however I have booked well in advance (definite departure tours fill up the fastest).

• 6 Jan 2011 SallyD said

Default_avatar

European Escapade 5th April 2011, found out it has been cancelled today 6th Jan 2011.

Only found out because I’d checked the website and enquired with Contiki.

I received emails yesterday welcoming me to the Contiki family and telling me to get excited for my departure.

No offence Contiki but before you send those emails, you may want to make sure that the tours are still going ahead.

Can you please inform me of when I will receive my FULL refund.

• 6 Jan 2011 Rob1982 said

Default_avatar

NY Grand Adventurer feb 26, 2011 – mar 10, 2011

i am finishing a 14 day beaches and reefs trip in australia on the 25th and it worked out PERFECTLY that there was a NZ trip beginning the VERY NEXT DAY that was exactly as long as i had until my flight home was booked. things could not have been more perfect! so i booked it, even had to arrange to leave my trip in OZ a few hours early to catch the last flight to auckland so i’d be there for the grand adventurer the next day….

CANCELLED!!!! i found out 2 weeks ago (thank heavens i at least had some time to sort things out and find another option) but that completely threw a huge wrench in the gears of my otherwise PERFECTLY PLANNED trip to OZ/NZ… so now i dont get to see all of nz like i hoped in 2 weeks… im doing a 7 day ‘scenic southern’ trip, then only have 3 days to see the key highlights of the north island before i fly home Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> at least things worked out in the end but i was so bummed when i found out…. plus, EVERY SINGLE OTHER adventurer trip that month except for mine were definite departures! WHY DID I HAVE TO PICK THE ONE TRIP that was under-booked Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 6 Jan 2011 Explorer1103340 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Elle187:
    Hey guys,
    Just wondering if Amsterdam to Barcelona tour has ever been cancelled I just went through the massive thread and did not see any..
    Please let me know.

Yeh ive booked this tours also and would like to know the same question

• 14 Jan 2011 Beks said

Beks
    quote:
    Originally posted by SallyD:
    European Escapade 5th April 2011, found out it has been cancelled today 6th Jan 2011.

Only found out because I’d checked the website and enquired with Contiki.

I received emails yesterday welcoming me to the Contiki family and telling me to get excited for my departure.

No offence Contiki but before you send those emails, you may want to make sure that the tours are still going ahead.

Can you please inform me of when I will receive my FULL refund.

Hey Sally, sorry no-one’s got back to you.

Looks like something has gone a little awry there! Substantial apologies – you definitely shouldn’t have received that particular email.

If you’re the same Sally that has posted on FB, you’re all sorted now yes? If not, do let me know and I’ll get the Reservations team to give you a bell.

Could you please do us a favour – would you please be able to forward the email you received if you still have it? If you don’t, could you please let us know what else was in the email? eg things to know before you go or something else? We can then look in to why that hit your inbox instead of hearing from us about the cancellation. If you could send it to: webmaster@contiki.com.

Thanks!
    ~Beks
    Contiki team

• 14 Jan 2011 SallyD said

Default_avatar

Hi Beks,

Yes it’s the same Sally that posted on Facebook. I have rebooked my tour now. I don’t have access to my email today but will forward these to Contiki tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Sally

• 18 Jan 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hey Sally, great news! Really pleased you were able to find another date that worked in with your plans.

We haven’t seen the emails come through yet… had you had a chance to forward?

~Beks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Jan 2011 Rhiannon said

Rhiannon

london to athens plus greek islands 3rd of may
    olny just found out it was cancelled today 19th of jan 2011

• 20 Jan 2011 Kirralee said

Default_avatar

Found out today that the Ultimate European plus Egpyt on the 17th of April has been cancelled :-(

• 22 Jan 2011 Explorer1195302 said

Explorer1195302

If you get the welcome to contiki emails does this mean that your trip has been confirmed or do you have to hear form your travel agent?

• 23 Jan 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

As far as I know Contiki does not contact you to let you know that your tour is guaranteed. I know they used to not guarantee a tour before the 2 month mark, even if the tour was nearly fully booked, that may have changed. I do find, particularly for the summer tours that they do seem to cancel more like 3-4 months in advance.

• 3 Feb 2011 Explorer1149966 said

Default_avatar

has the spanish spree ever been cancelled im booked for the 19th sep im worried it will cancelled

• 9 Feb 2011 Cassie said

Cassie

LA Explorer
    29th may
    found out today 9th feb

• 15 Feb 2011 Explorer1226787 said

Default_avatar

Eastern Discovery
    Due to depart April 26
    Found out on 14 feb that it was cancelled

Not happy!!!!

• 27 Apr 2011 Sophie said

Sophie

what is the liklihood that the nz grand adventurer leaving in january will be cancelled?

• 27 Apr 2011 Sophie said

Sophie

i havent been able to find the answer anywhere.
    i have booked for my trip ‘Grand Adventurer CHCAKL NZ JAN 2/1/12 – 14/1/12.

What is the certainty that this trip will run,
    because i dont want to pay it off completely unless i know
    for sure it’ll run

• 28 Apr 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

Sophie, no one knows and there really isn’t any way to tell. You can look through this thread and see if you see many cancelations in the NZ summer months for this tour the tours there. Or you can wait until it’s guaranteed.

• 28 Apr 2011 Sophie said

Sophie

thans heaps cdm115

• 29 Apr 2011 Racheee said

Racheee

I am going on the London to Rome on 23 August! Really hoping it doesn’t get cancelled as it was hard enough to get time off work and then to re-arrange it would be a pain! Fingers Crossed!!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion