Community_discussions_small  

Question

Cancelled tour? List it here ...

31 Jan 2007 ptooma asked

Default_avatar

If your tour was cancelled list it here ...
Indicate tour name and date, and date when you found out it was cancelled. Hopefully this may serve as a reference as to when tours are more frequently cancelled - or less popular. That said, you NEED to get insurance!!

Tour Name:
Tour Date:
Date it was cancellled:

• 2 May 2011 stinaWA said

Default_avatar

Mediterranean Highlights Start Madrid
    23/07/2011
    Found Out 18/04/2011 not a definite departure

• 28 Aug 2011 Fyrefly_Faerie said

Fyrefly_Faerie

I got an email last week that the European Magic Winter tour (10-20 Nov 2011) was cancelled and I needed to re-book something else. It hasn’t been updated yet on the website it seems but it wasn’t a Definite Departure anyway.

• 23 Nov 2011 Explorer1314682 said

Default_avatar

Spanish Spree 13th February – 26 February

Found out that the tour was canned on the 23rd November.

• 19 Nov 2012 Sara Jo said

Sara Jo

Berlin to Budapest, March 2, 2013 departure.

Got the cancellation notice today, 11 November 2012

• 9 Dec 2012 Cassandra said

Cassandra

So if I do have travel insurance and the tour is cancelled what happens?

• 9 Dec 2012 cdm115 said

cdm115

Lombardi, it depends on your travel insurance. Some might do nothing, others might cover the cost to change flights and stuff.

• 9 Dec 2012 Sara Jo said

Sara Jo

Lombardi,
    In my experience it didn’t help at all. This isn’t my first time travelling overseas, but it is my first time using Contiki. I didn’t book my flights through Contiki because I’m spending some time in London before my tour starts. When they cancelled and offered to change my booking with a 5% discount I thought the insurance would cover my flight changes.

It doesn’t. They (the insurance co.) basically said, “Sorry about your luck.” Contiki was FANTASTIC in helping me through this whole problem, but the insurance company they use when you add it to your booking, BerkleyCare, is no help at all.

BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS THROUGH CONTIKI.

Sara Jo

• 20 Jan 2013 Jess_S said

Jess_S

Tour Name: European Contrasts plus Corfu Resort
    Tour Date: April 16, 2013
    Just found out it was cancelled about a week ago. Luckily I had insurance, and I had bought my flights through Contiki as well. Was super easy to change to a different tour and change flights as well.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.