Community_discussions_small  

Question

Cancelled tour? List it here ...

31 Jan 2007 ptooma asked

Default_avatar

If your tour was cancelled list it here ...
Indicate tour name and date, and date when you found out it was cancelled. Hopefully this may serve as a reference as to when tours are more frequently cancelled - or less popular. That said, you NEED to get insurance!!

Tour Name:
Tour Date:
Date it was cancellled:

• 29 Jul 2007 ktan said

Default_avatar

after the ausie explorer got cancelled i was going to do the territory and outback from 17th Oct. I was told it was full so couldn’t go on it!

I’m still doing 2 other tours with contiki – Grand Adventurer in NZ and Beaches and Reefs.

I decided to go with a different company similar to contiki called connections which do a similar trip to the territory and outback starting on the 22nd Oct instead! ended up having to pay about an extra £90! but i think its a gauranteed departure. I didn’t have to change any flights, but need to pay for about a weeks accommodation in Darwin before the tour! but that doesn’t matter because now i managed to add a stop in melbourne too!!

• 14 Aug 2007 louise eden said

Default_avatar

i fell 4 all of u i know how it feels my aussie explorer got canceled (cos there wernt enough people going) 4 the 19th sept i had booked this in april but i got told about late july was offered a refund but that wasnt the ponit had arranged my flights and i coludnt find a tour similar wiv the same route and wiv the same dates so decided 2 do the tour in 2 parts darwin 2 alice springs wiv connections then cairns 2 sydney wiv contiki i just hope 2 god this doesnt get cancelled else im screwed 4 sure!!!!

• 22 Aug 2007 Nina said

Default_avatar

Tour Cancelled – Grand Southern -USA – 15 June 2007. (NY – LA)

Notified (2 May 2007)

Yes… US Tours are cancelled

Hiya

Firstly… as stated before GUARANTEED tours cabn be cancelled. My tour was confirmed. I even received the necessary vouchers.

In addition, I had to pay for the additional flights.

My advice to anyone booking tours in the USA … book routes that go from the West Coast to the East Coast. Most tours are filled with Australians and they prefer to take the route from the West to the East Coast.

Nat

• 16 Nov 2007 Kathryn said

Default_avatar

Have any ‘Egypt and the Nile’ tours ever been cancelled?

I have booked my tour for 29/03/08 and it seems that quite a few March tours get cancelled?

• 18 Nov 2007 ukutie said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has had there Ultimate European trip cancelled, I am looking at going in April and it apprears that this when alot of other European trips are cancelled.
    Feed back would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
    Take Care,

• 27 Nov 2007 theironmaiden said

Default_avatar

Am I glad I found this thread. If you just stick to the contiki website, you’d have no idea about sticky situations like cancelled “guaranteed departures.”

BTW, don’t you think contiki should rename “guaranteed departures” to something more appropriate? It’s a misnomer.

Now I’m afraid to book Eastern Discovery because from the looks of the forum, that US tour isn’t even one of the most popular ones.

• 2 Jan 2008 dholdenfreak said

Default_avatar

Hi there everyone

The tour i was supposed to go on has been cancelled :-(

Tour name: Scenic southern with extension to wellington
    Departure date: 16 feb 08 from christchurch
    I found out it was cancelled on the 02 jan 08.

Luckily, i can still go on the scenic southern without the extension on the same dates which im happy about!

• 3 Jan 2008 Luke83 said

Default_avatar

hey
    european encounter feb 19 departure has been cancelled. Not happy Found out jan 3

• 7 Jan 2008 Jo said

Default_avatar

European Discovery – Feb 26th Departure.. Found out today (Jan 7) it’s been cancelled.
    Have rebooked for March 1.. fingers crossed

• 10 Jan 2008 Aussiegirl said

Default_avatar

Great Britain – March 8th departure Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 24 Jan 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

Tour name: European Panorama
    Departure date: Mine was 14th April 08, but also found out the previous 31st March and one after on 30th Arpil have also been cancelled

Found out today 23 Jan 08 after my travel agent has been hassling them to tell her.

• 26 Jan 2008 starlet said

Default_avatar

European Highlights departing April 9… found out today that it has been cancelled Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 13 Mar 2008 amme_eilyk said

amme_eilyk

Where do you go to find out about your tour?

• 13 Mar 2008 Avidkeo said

Avidkeo

Has anyone had a camping tour canceled? We are going 13th May, 21 days Europe.

Cheers

• 20 Mar 2008 dld79 said

Default_avatar

Another Russia and the Baltics cancelled…departing Riga June 15th (or Moscow June 18th). Found out this morning.

• 24 Mar 2008 SomethingShiny said

SomethingShiny

Simply Italy
    May 22nd an May 24th, 2008(I was booked for the 24th).
    Found out on March 21, 2008.
    Thankfully, I booked the airfare through Contiki so it is a little easier to change around the flights. (But still challenging as availability isn’t quite what it was when I booked in January).

• 24 Mar 2008 Emma said

Default_avatar

Are tours in March/April normally full?

• 26 Mar 2008 Cpt. Cook said

Default_avatar

Euro Impressions 25th May cancelled.

Found out 26/03/08

• 27 Mar 2008 Kelly said

Default_avatar

Canada and the Rockies leaving 20 June cancelled – this sux cos I am not able to get the vancouver flight refunded… need to pay £250 for a change of date!!!

• 1 Apr 2008 hannahjayne said

hannahjayne

Hey
    Simply Italy
    1-12 June has been cancelled
    I found out 25 March.

the departure before this one (dont know the date, maybe 29 may or something) has been cancelled too. Im swapping to italian espresso on a guarenteed departure 31 may-7 june

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.