Community_discussions_small  

Question

Cancelled tour? List it here ...

31 Jan 2007 ptooma asked

Default_avatar

If your tour was cancelled list it here ...
Indicate tour name and date, and date when you found out it was cancelled. Hopefully this may serve as a reference as to when tours are more frequently cancelled - or less popular. That said, you NEED to get insurance!!

Tour Name:
Tour Date:
Date it was cancellled:

• 2 Apr 2008 Lexy_74 said

Default_avatar

Is there anything listed on the terms and conditions of the tour that states a certain date beforehand that Contiki must notify you if your tour has been cancelled?

• 2 Apr 2008 SomethingShiny said

SomethingShiny
    quote:
    Originally posted by SilentAngel:
    Hiya

I think that the trick is to ALWAYS go for a guaranteed tour. As far as I can see the Simply Italy tour starting on the 1 June is not a guaranteed tour. The Simply Italy tour before this is the one that starts on the 30 May. It is also not a guaranteed tour.

According to the brochure the Simply Italy tour starting on 28 May is a guaranteed tour. Is the Simply Italy tour starting 28 May cancelled???

The May 27th tour is the guaranteed one! I don’t see one leaving on the 28th. Everything on the site from now until June 5th is guaranteed. They have already withdrawn tours within those dates and what is up there now is final, I’ve been told. May 20th is full.

• 3 Apr 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115
    quote:
    The May 27th tour is the guaranteed one! I don’t see one leaving on the 28th. Everything on the site from now until June 5th is guaranteed. They have already withdrawn tours within those dates and what is up there now is final, I’ve been told. May 20th is full.

Dates for N. American’s are 2 days ahead of the dates for people from other countries. Day 1 and 2 are for traveling. That may be causing some confusion.

• 12 Apr 2008 Frnchgrl said

Default_avatar

European Explorer July 27 – Aug.28

• 28 Apr 2008 Vero & Dan said

Vero & Dan

Our Tuscany tour for May 16th was cancelled and we found out April 15th or so……It was due to “Operational Issues” so we had an option of May 2nd or later in May. We took May 2nd but had to rearrange work schedules with co-workers and jobs for both of us…..luck for good friends at work, we were able to get the dates in short notice!

• 29 Apr 2008 special_kas said

Default_avatar

Has anyone had a Grand Southern tour cancelled. They say they are realy popular, but im worried mine might be cancelled if there isnt enough people.

• 1 May 2008 Troy19792008 said

Troy19792008

What % of tours do you reckon are cancelled?

• 15 May 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

EASTERN ROAD – Departing 9 August 2008

Cancelled on 15 May 2008.
    I dont know how they would know so early that more people will not sign up!?

Anyway options are 2/8/08 or 16/08/08. I couldnt do either of them so I am doing a similar tour with a similar tour company.

• 15 May 2008 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Ptooma, perhaps this is a dumb question, but you may know the answer. Do you know if the travel insurance you purchase through contiki covers cancellations? I’m going to be booking a non-guaranteed departure in the near future and I don’t currently have insurance, and I’m not sure if I should go elsewhere or get it through contiki.

Lauren

• 15 May 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1099533:
    Ptooma, perhaps this is a dumb question, but you may know the answer. Do you know if the travel insurance you purchase through contiki covers cancellations? I’m going to be booking a non-guaranteed departure in the near future and I don’t currently have insurance, and I’m not sure if I should go elsewhere or get it through contiki.

Lauren

Lauren,

here is the fine print of the optional BerkelyCare Insurance that you can purchase thru Contiki if you are booking from the US. It appears to be quite comprehensive, including certain types of cancellations. If you are booking from outside of the US, please call your regional Contiki office for the Contiki affiliated insurance (if offered). I recommend shopping around since many companies offer similar comprehensive coverage.

- Vic

• 16 May 2008 Lauren said

Default_avatar

That’s extremely helpful. Thank you!
    Lauren

• 19 May 2008 Mark-esque said

Default_avatar

Hi, I’m looking at doing the Winter Wanderer on Dec 10 (new years eve in Amsterdam). What are the odds on this one being cancelled? (not guaranteed :< ) Anyone know?
    Mark

• 20 May 2008 Explorer1087599 said

Default_avatar

What month was your tour booked for? That would suck! Did they tell you why it got cancelled!?

• 12 Jun 2008 KimmerCanada said

Default_avatar

Hi All,

Just thought I’d move this forum up a bit. My tour to Great Britan/Southern Ireland with an add-on to London, Paris & Amsterdam was just cancelled. Found out yesterday, scheduled to leave September 5, 2008. Will try to book on another tour.. just thought I’d let everyone know!

• 12 Jun 2008 Cyphus said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Doll-Doll:
    Clearly March/April at this point are not good dates to book. Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Eh…. people (and college students) are usually working/studying from Sept- April/May, at least….

So…. less chances for a summer tour to be cancelled?

• 12 Jun 2008 Lizzie_nz said

Lizzie_nz

Hey

My 46 day camping tour, August 5 – September 19 2008 was cancelled. I found out on June 5.

Bit of a pain, but I got a discount and am going on the same trip that starts a week earlier (23 July – 6 Sept).

• 12 Jun 2008 Explorer1088738 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by KimmerCanada:
    Hi All,

Just thought I’d move this forum up a bit. My tour to Great Britan/Southern Ireland with an add-on to London, Paris & Amsterdam was just cancelled. Found out yesterday, scheduled to leave September 5, 2008. Will try to book on another tour.. just thought I’d let everyone know!

Hmmm if you didn’t mind missing out Amsterdam (or depending on time contraints) you could do London and Paris first (starts on 6th September) then head back to London to do the GB & SI tour that starts on the 13th….they are both guaranteed departure tours Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    And happens to be what I’m doing lol Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Jun 2008 Troy19792008 said

Troy19792008

“Great Britain & Southern Ireland” tour, 20 Sep, cancelled yesterday.

Shattered. Luckily we are doing a Vista on Aug 25.

But it still stuffs our trip up.

• 15 Jun 2008 KimmerCanada said

Default_avatar

Hey Explorer1088738,

I’ve all rebooked – I’ll be on the London & Paris tour from September 6, but after that I’ve decided to hit Turkey & Egypt instead and go a little crazy. So excited!

• 16 Jun 2008 Kate said

Default_avatar

European Impressions Tour

4th Sep- 21st September cancelled – notified today.

Soooooo annoying, had all my flights booked and planned, now it will cost me upwards of $700 to change it all!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion