Community_discussions_small  

Question

Cancelled tour? List it here ...

31 Jan 2007 ptooma asked

Default_avatar

If your tour was cancelled list it here ...
Indicate tour name and date, and date when you found out it was cancelled. Hopefully this may serve as a reference as to when tours are more frequently cancelled - or less popular. That said, you NEED to get insurance!!

Tour Name:
Tour Date:
Date it was cancellled:

• 21 Feb 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

I can’t say I’ve ever heard of one being canceled, but have often heard of them filling up quicker then the typical tour. If it was going to be canceled I would think the spring ones would be the most likely.

• 22 Feb 2009 Explorer1124643 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by jess:
    New York Explorer 7-10 July.

Does anyone know of any tours of NY similar to Contiki? Im travelling solo & its going to be very pricey for accommodation if I can’t find a tour. I’ll be in NY for 5 days.

Hi Jess and Kristy,

I noticed you are both looking at doing New York, possibly solo. Anyone after a tour buddy? Will help keep costs down and it would be nice to have someone to get lost with, haha. I’m 24, from WA and wanting to do NY. Actually wanted to do the west coast as well, but not sure how I will go with funds.

I noticed most of the Best of USA tours are booked out, so I figured I would just do New York and have found some pretty good deals. (Plus i didn’t like the sound of COntiki’s NY accom!)

Is anyone looking to tour the states for a couple of weeks – and wants a tour buddy? I’m a bit worried about touring myself! Hopefully there is someone from Australia (Perth even) who might be interested Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Let me know!

• 24 Feb 2009 JadeLouise said

JadeLouise

Does anyone know wat the likelihood of the August 29, 2009 Best of USA tour is of being cancelled? I’m a bit worried coz me nd my boyfriend have booked that tour & all the dates around it are full, except the 29th is still listed as available… How close to the departure date does Contiki decide if they’re going to cancel a tour? And do they let our travel agent know that the tour’s been cancelled or will they contact us directly? Any advice would be appreciated Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Feb 2009 EmAussie87 said

EmAussie87

London, Paris Rome
    8th June
    Both tours before and after this date were also cancelled.
    I found out on 23rd Feb

• 27 Feb 2009 Explorer1111110 said

Default_avatar

Q: What’s more annoying that having a tour cancelled?

A: Moving tour dates, rebooking flights, spending a fortune only to be told a month after your original tour was cancelled that IT GETS REINSTATED!!!!!!!!!!

• 27 Feb 2009 Porto/aussi_chick26 said

Default_avatar

My tour is the European Experience Concept tour on May 10th.

I looked up availability on the website and its not there. Not listed….Im confused

Does that mean it has been cancelled? If so, why hasnt anybody notified me. My travel agent said they will look into it!

If it has indeed been cancelled, I will DEFINATELY not be rebooking with CONTIKI! thats BAD service! And I work in the airline industry!

HELP somebody!

• 27 Feb 2009 Porto/aussi_chick26 said

Default_avatar

Opps slight error…..in previous message…..

My supposed Concept TOur dates for the European Expereince is MAY 12th!

Hugs

• 4 Mar 2009 Terri said

Terri
    quote:

Does anyone know of any tours of NY similar to Contiki? Im travelling solo & its going to be very pricey for accommodation if I can’t find a tour. I’ll be in NY for 5 days.

You should try the big apple explorer
    Its great I did it 4 years ago

• 4 Mar 2009 ChrisH said

Default_avatar

Ah, man – June 8th European Camping tour canceled. I just finally booked my flight a week ago too after waiting to find a reasonably priced one for over a month. Also had plans to meet up w/ other people in Europe, and now have to potentially re-plan the entire trip, assuming I stick w/ Contiki.

• 5 Mar 2009 jess said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Terri:
    quote:

You should try the big apple explorer
    Its great I did it 4 years ago

Yeah I tried to do that tour & Contiki cancelled it!

• 6 Mar 2009 Lilre said

Default_avatar

is European horizon june 21st – july 2 09 cancelled? if so what do i do if i booked already?

• 6 Mar 2009 Ness said

Default_avatar

May 12th 22 day camping has disappeared, however it had previously come up as full. does this mean they just hide it once it’s full or has it been cancelled?

anyone know??

• 6 Mar 2009 Kritta said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ness:
    May 12th 22 day camping has disappeared, however it had previously come up as full. does this mean they just hide it once it’s full or has it been cancelled?

anyone know??

Ness I noticed yesterday that a whole heap of the European Highlights tours were removed too. My date still appears to be there, but it was a little worrying.

I would give contiki a call to check if I were you.

• 7 Mar 2009 Johanna said

Default_avatar

June 3rd Western Highlights tour (USA). It was listed on the website the other day, now it has disappeared altogether. I booked direct with Contiki and have yet to hear anything. Hope it isnt cancelled. Going to cause BIG problems if it is!

• 8 Mar 2009 AlbertaGirl20 said

AlbertaGirl20

Is there any chance someone would check whether or not the European Highlights tour that leaves London June 27th is still going ahead? I haven’t been able to access it in a few days and I heard a bunch were canceled.On the North American site it is listed on the calender as the 25th, but it leaves London on the 27th. I’d really appreciate it if someone could let me know!

• 9 Mar 2009 Johanna said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Johanna:
    June 3rd Western Highlights tour (USA). It was listed on the website the other day, now it has disappeared altogether. I booked direct with Contiki and have yet to hear anything. Hope it isnt cancelled. Going to cause BIG problems if it is!

I contacted Contiki today about tours being taken off the website. Contiki told me that they have been having problems with the website. But i was guaranteed that my your is going ahead.

• 11 Mar 2009 C8LYN said

C8LYN

I’ve noticed there’s now green dots on some tours now. Does that mean they’re definitely going ahead?

• 21 Mar 2009 Explorer1128613 said

Default_avatar

Hi The tour that I booked was cancelled.

Grand Northen
    23 JULY 2009
    sometime in February

• 18 Apr 2009 megzi said

Default_avatar

Cancelled tour:
    Grand Norther july 10 2009
    found out early Feb 09

was told that the tour only had 3-4 bookings so i had to move to another tour, the one after was booked out so I had to move to an earlier one. none of the costs were covered by contiki to change my flights and accommodation even with insurance.

• 19 Apr 2009 toddt85 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by megzi:
    Cancelled tour:
    Grand Norther july 10 2009
    found out early Feb 09

was told that the tour only had 3-4 bookings so i had to move to another tour, the one after was booked out so I had to move to an earlier one. none of the costs were covered by contiki to change my flights and accommodation even with insurance.

that sucks! Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.