Community_discussions_small  

Question

Cancelled tour? List it here ...

31 Jan 2007 ptooma asked

Default_avatar

If your tour was cancelled list it here ...
Indicate tour name and date, and date when you found out it was cancelled. Hopefully this may serve as a reference as to when tours are more frequently cancelled - or less popular. That said, you NEED to get insurance!!

Tour Name:
Tour Date:
Date it was cancellled:

• 29 Apr 2009 Marina said

Default_avatar

Dear Explorer1128613 and Megzi,
    About the Grand Northern… Why does Contiki cancel 2 GN’s tours during the Summer while all tours are full and I can’t find any available places? That’s strange…
    I also guess they shouldn’t cancel tours and let you on your own problems with flights and hotel’s reservations…Why do they suggest you to book in advance the tour just to save 100 $ and, after that, they make you spend 1000 $ in penalities?

• 29 Apr 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

Canceling the tour may have to do with staffing for the tour or buses or other things going on behind the scenes.

Also, the terms and conditions clearly state that they don’t cover these other costs. Contiki wants early bookings so they can get an early snapshot of how the bookings are going and to help decide which will go and which will not. It also gives people an opportunity to save a little money. If you book your airfare through them, then they do pay for the airfare change fees.

• 4 May 2009 Missy_from_Aus said

Missy_from_Aus

Ive just found out this afternoon that the eastern road departing the 18th July 2009 has been cancelled =(

• 6 May 2009 Foxy said

Default_avatar

my friend and i were told today that our Europe Adventurer tour was cancelled!!!!
    we had America planned for after the tour finished and now have to change EVERYTHING!!!! this has really ruined our excitement for this 2.5 month trip.
    NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!
    we are doing our best to fix this problem but have to cancel Miami off our America leg and have a random overnight stop over in Madrid…not enough to warrant a hotel…we are really going to be eating into our savings because of this cancellation
    how did everyone else deal with a cancellation??? we are really stressed beacuse of this!!!!

• 22 May 2009 Explorer1100813 said

Default_avatar

Hi, the European Spirit tour I was booked on that was departing August 12th no longer appears on the site, so I am not sure if this means it has been cancelled, waiting for a reply back.

• 22 May 2009 Andrea (Ea) said

Andrea (Ea)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1100813:
    Hi, the European Spirit tour I was booked on that was departing August 12th no longer appears on the site, so I am not sure if this means it has been cancelled, waiting for a reply back.

You best bet is to call contiki. That happened with my tour and it turned out they were just in the middle of updating the icon to say it was full.

• 10 Jun 2009 lit_girl said

lit_girl

European Discovery – July 30th departure. I found out this morning that it was cancelled. I am hopefully being moved to the next departure, which is July 31st.

• 16 Jun 2009 Alejandra said

Alejandra

European Discovery Aug 7th 09 Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 19 Jun 2009 Asian.gem said

Default_avatar

do they cancel the tour a month before? do they give people a few months notice before the tour starts????

• 20 Jun 2009 torz said

Default_avatar

i spoke to a contiki consultant today on the phone and she said they normally give you around 6-8 weeks notice if its cancelled.

• 22 Jun 2009 SydneySam86 said

SydneySam86

European explorer with Mykonos option that was due to depart on the 3rd of August has been cancelled.

• 22 Jun 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

asain gem,
    I’ve had contiki cancel a tour 2-3 months before and then other times it’s closer. They way they write their conditions they have a time frame for summer tours when they have to cancel by, but not so for the winter tours so it could be as short notice as a month. The winter tour I tried to book years ago was canceled about 6 weeks in advance.

• 23 Jun 2009 Capt_Crash said

Capt_Crash

Inspiration departing on 12th September, 2009 was cancelled yesterday

• 24 Jun 2009 Asian.gem said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by SydneySam86:
    European explorer with Mykonos option that was due to depart on the 3rd of August has been cancelled.

thanks cdm, i booked the european discovery for october 16, and apparently its a guarantee tour! so hopefully they won’t cancel the tour since that would sucks as im staying 2 extra days in paris as well. i’ve booked plane and hotel as well!

• 26 Jun 2009 mugzie said

Default_avatar

The 32 day camping tour from London that was supposed to be a preferred departure one! It was meant to leave on the 18th August.

• 28 Jun 2009 berlinchair said

Default_avatar

European Escapade departing July 15th canceled, was told May 18th.

Travel agent said Contiki reserved spots for us on the next tour so it was no problem to get onto that one. We were planning to spend some time in London anyway, we just get to do it before the tour instead of after! The good fortune of spending three months in Europe- a few days change on the tour wasn’t going to mess up our flights!

• 29 Jun 2009 Explorer1141413 said

Default_avatar

European Impressions:

Leaving September 8th (WAS DENOTED A PREFERRED DEPARTURE!!!!)…notified on June 25th AFTER booking our flights and pre and post hotels….

Funny thing is that the tour the week before NOT denoted as a preferred departure is going….Not happy….

• 4 Jul 2009 cullen7276 said

Default_avatar

European Magic, departure 2nd Sept 09
    Is still on this site as a guaranteed departure!

• 7 Jul 2009 Supernatural_fan said

Supernatural_fan
    quote:
    Originally posted by Asian.gem:
    do they cancel the tour a month before? do they give people a few months notice before the tour starts????

some times it will be a week b4 that is only if there is some thing going on like a natural disaster like storm of earth quake or something bad like that. Usually they cancle because not enough people have booked . I think there has to be at least 15 people going

• 12 Jul 2009 Explorer1120508 said

Default_avatar

European Impressions leaving sept 17. Very difficult now as we have booked pre and post tours with other companies!!!! GRRRRRR!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.