Community_discussions_small  

Question

Cancelled tour? List it here ...

31 Jan 2007 ptooma asked

Default_avatar

If your tour was cancelled list it here ...
Indicate tour name and date, and date when you found out it was cancelled. Hopefully this may serve as a reference as to when tours are more frequently cancelled - or less popular. That said, you NEED to get insurance!!

Tour Name:
Tour Date:
Date it was cancellled:

• 25 Jul 2009 Supernatural_fan said

Supernatural_fan
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jose:
    Hey guys, i was wondering if Contiki can still cancel your tour if they have already sent you the travel documents? (for reasons other than a natural disaster in the countries)

Our trip is only 33 days away and we got the documents in the mail this week which is why i’m curious.

No they wont if you get the documents it means they have enough people on the tour it will go ahead unless there is a disaster of some kind at the location you are going.

• 31 Aug 2009 CanadianRadioGirl said

Default_avatar

I’m looking at the Great Britain Winter Tour for March 2. Does anyone know if they are cancelled often or has anyone ever had one cancelled?

• 11 Sep 2009 Ben&Erika said

Default_avatar

European Vista, November 14 2009, just cancelled today – what a huge piss-off – busy re-arranging our travel plans now!!

• 11 Sep 2009 Goska84 said

Goska84

i booked the Bridge to Reef tour for Nov 5th. I went to take a look at the trip again and the whole tour is missing. The girl from Contiki said it was still operating since they had enough people. I’m a little worried that it is actually cancelled. Has anybody had this experience?

• 11 Sep 2009 Cara said

Default_avatar

Goska84, i booked the ocean to outback tour and that tour was missing as well…i bet they are just working on the website or something. I would not worry about it too much.

• 14 Sep 2009 patchie89 said

Default_avatar

The vietnam explorer trip is no longer listed in asia trips, does this mean they have all been cancelled???

• 16 Sep 2009 carly57 said

Default_avatar

Hey, Patchie, i just got an updated invoice for my Vietnam trip changing it from the Explorer into Vietnam Experience and giving a refund for the extra so I’m assuming they’re not doing the Explorer anymore! That’s one way to inform people!

Carly

• 16 Sep 2009 CandieNZGirl said

CandieNZGirl

Hi Carly57 I was booked on the Vietnam Explorer for the 28th Dec but they have taken this itinerary out of the new brochure and are now offering the Vietnam Experience with a 3 day Sapa add on so it makes it the same tour as the Vietnam Explorer but is a lot cheaper. Talk to your travel agent and see if they can add on the 3 day Sapa trip for you. Cheers

• 25 Sep 2009 Explorer1148730 said

Default_avatar

My Tour got cancelled…14th OCT 2009 – stuffed my flights and work around so much…

• 25 Sep 2009 Explorer1148730 said

Default_avatar

sorry it was LA TO THE BAY!

• 8 Oct 2009 Zan said

Default_avatar

I had a phone call yesterday to say that Reefs and Rainforests starting 30th Nov has been cancelled… they’re currently trying to see if there’s anything else I can do in the dates I have but I doubt it as i’m on a tight schedule!

• 18 Jan 2010 G-Spot said

Default_avatar

I just booked the European Encounter tour that departs on the 21st May.

This is not a definate tour. I emailed contiki to ask about the likely hood of this going ahead and they said they will not be able to tell me until 50days prior to the date at the latest.

Should I choose a definate date instead? or should I stick with this one and hope it goes ahead??

• 21 Jan 2010 Keith said

Default_avatar

the 21-day europe camping on 28-apr-10 was cancelled…

• 27 Jan 2010 Blocky said

Blocky

I’m glad I found this thread, made me realise I had to hurry up and get my insurance organised!

• 5 Feb 2010 Explorer1155370 said

Default_avatar

Does anyone know if the European Panorama tour departing the 19 April 2010 is going to be cancelled?

• 9 Feb 2010 HTFCacc2009 said

Default_avatar

Wild Western – 19th May. Found out today (9th Feb)

• 9 Feb 2010 AlnJon said

Default_avatar

People doing Simply Italy in May 2010 – I logged on today and there are 3 tours missing from the website for May (lucky mine is still there). Get online and have a look people.

• 10 Feb 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

London and Paris 8 Days on April 24th, we were able to re-book our for May 7th. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Feb 2010 jess0107 said

Default_avatar

Looks like there are alot of tours missing from European Contrasts June & May, all dates that weren’t definite departure dates have dissapeared! Confused<!--graemlin::confused:-->

• 10 Feb 2010 jess0107 said

Default_avatar

Sorry, April & May.. June is still there

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.