Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Question about Oktoberfest

11 Feb 2008 Roxy83 said

Default_avatar
Hi guys

I am thinking of doing the Panorama later this year. My question is, with the tours that are in Munich during Oktoberfest do you actually get a chance to go to it?

If so, I will take a tour starting early Sept which will be there during Oktoberfest. But by doing this it means I will get home later and miss a friends wedding. So I don't want to push back my original intended tour date & miss my friends wedding if you don't actually get to go to Oktoberfest!
  • 11 Feb 2008 Kayleigh L Degraw said

Kayleigh L Degraw

what is oktoberfest anyways?

• 11 Feb 2008 Roxy83 said

Default_avatar

Oktoberfest is a sixteen-day festival held each year in Munich.

It is kind of like a massive fair with around 14 beer tents.

Kind of like a big German party I guess lol.

• 13 Feb 2008 Roxy83 said

Default_avatar

Ok so no answers here lol.

How can I find out about this, call Contiki?

• 13 Feb 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

Not to sure but why the looks of these photo’s and comments it seems like you do go there?? Hope it helps
    http://contiki.co.nz/contikipedia/articles/oktoberfest

• 13 Feb 2008 said

Default_avatar

Hi again Roxy. If you do the Sep 8th or 15th Panorama you do get the chance to go to Oktoberfest. It is the reason I booked the September tour too.

• 13 Feb 2008 Roxy83 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for your replies Crispy & Wendy Smiler

Wendy, I think I am definitely going to do the September one now, checking out Oktoberfest for a night would be awesome. Everyone I have spoken to about my “dilemma” regarding Oktoberfest and my friends wedding has pretty much said “Are you kidding? Oktoberfest! Who knows if you’ll get back to Europe!”. My friend will understand, she is (was) the ultimate party girl!

Which tour date are you going on?

• 14 Feb 2008 Bradleyc123 said

Bradleyc123

i am going on european highlights, dept london on the 19th of sept, this goes to oktoberfest also.
    cant wait – even though im not much of a beer drinker

• 14 Feb 2008 said

Default_avatar

My girlfriends and I are all booked on the Sep 15th trip. It’s going to be sooo much fun! At this rate the trip will be full of Aussie girls!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.