Community_discussions_small  

Comment

22nd jan 2011

16 May 2010 Matt said

Matt
Hey all, just wondering if anyone else has booked or is looking at this tour. im going solo for 2 weeks and would like to not be the only one doing it Smiler
  • 29 May 2010 COURTNEY21 said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m thinking about booking this tour for the One in march but..I have never been to the snow before I’m also doing winter wanderer afterwards

• 19 Aug 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Yo, im going solo for 2 weeks as well. I havent got a multiday lift pass… yet! I dont know if I can handle going every day haha! Courtney – if you have any questions abouut the snow stuff just ask! This is going to be an EPIC 2 weeks!!!!! Cheers for the FB add Matt!

• 19 Aug 2010 Matt said

Matt

yeah thats alright mate… im just glad im not the only one going!! do you know wether we have to book the lift pass when we get there or beforehand??? coz at perisher you get it when you get there…

• 22 Aug 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Hmm I am pretty sure I remember reading that there are no credit card facilities available at the resort so I reckon getting one beforehand via contiki would be good, although I dont know if the credit card thing is still applicable. Im thinking of just getting the 6day lift pass, I really dont think I will have the energy for 13 days haha.

• 1 Sep 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Hey there Leila,

A bunch of us are going to be in London for a few days prior to leaving for Hopfgarten. Are you flying straight to Austria or taking the coach via London?

• 1 Sep 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Jimena: In case you haven’t seen this already, here is a page with a few “what to do” in Tyrol when you are on this tour:

http://contiki.co.nz/contikipedia/articles/tyrol

I have created a facebook event for this. If you do an event search for Contiki Ski Austria January 2010 you should find it easily enough.

I am staying at the royal national hotel in London, where contiki’s base is and will be there a for few nights before the coach leaves for Austria so that should be enough time to meet fellow travellers going on this tour! This is going to be so awesome!!!!!!!

• 1 Sep 2010 Jimena said

Default_avatar

Hi guys..I’m also booking this tour and
    I’m going solo.

What I’m not sure about is for how many days…This is my first time skiing and 13 days sounds like a lot…also from what I’ve heard there’s not much to do do in the city…
    what are you plans?

• 1 Sep 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Hi Jimena,

I am doing the 2 week one but I am definitely not planning on boarding every day. I was tempted just to buy the contiki 6 day ski pass, but i might just get a pass each day I want to go as I am sure there will be days where I physically wont be able to move haha.
    Aside from the cost different between the 1 and 2 week tours (Meals, gear hire etc), have you considered trying snowboarding as well? You may find you enjoy skiing or boarding a lot and want more than 5 or 6 days on the mountain. There is always going to be down time though whether you have 1 or 2 weeks there. I would recommend reading posts by people who have already been on the ski austria tours which may help you make a decision. I am on FB if you want to add me: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=840869258

I asked my travel agent about ATMs (As there are no cc facilities at Hopfgarten) and apparently there are ATMs/Banks at the nearest town.

Hope this helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Dave

• 1 Sep 2010 Leila said

Leila

Hey.. I booked this tour too for 2 weeks
    - Im 21 from Canada and going solo so i would love to meet people before hand Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

-Leila

• 2 Sep 2010 Matt said

Matt

hi leila and jimena, glad you could join us… im getting the 2 week lift pass, that way i can do 2 days on- one day off the slopes or something like that. il be staying at the royal national for the three days beforehand, after getting off a winter wanderer tour…. if you want to add me on fb its www.facebook.com/m.z.peterson89 Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Sep 2010 Jimena said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the info guys. I haven’t decided yet what to do…but I’ll keep you up to date Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

I’m not going to London. I’ll be in Barcelona after a Berlin to Budapest tour so it’s easier for me to get straight to Austria and meet the group there.

Dave, can you send me the link or invite me in FB to the group? I searched but I didn’t know which one was it.

• 3 Sep 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

There should be an event invite for you now Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Sep 2010 Jimena said

Default_avatar

Yes, thanks Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> (I was looking for a group not an event).

• 6 Sep 2010 Debbie said

Default_avatar

Hi there…where can I find the prices for the lifts???

• 9 Oct 2010 Katieh83 said

Katieh83

Hey,

A friend and I have just book the Ski Austria (meet there) for the 7 days but it also starts on the 22nd of Jan 2011 so I am guessing we will all be there at the same time.

I have only been to the snow once before and that was a decade ago. The friend I am travelling with has never been hahaha….It could be very interesting!

• 17 Oct 2010 Explorer1213105 said

Default_avatar

Hey
    I’m booked for 2 weeks from the 15th of Jan

sooo excited!!!!!!!

• 22 Oct 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Awesome to see some more people coming along Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I don’t know how full the tours will get, but I am sure there will be plenty of people there regardless! I am looking forward to the schnapps!

• 31 Dec 2010 Angelmorph said

Default_avatar

I’m booked on the 7 day trip with coach from London on January 21. Will be flying in from Montreal early Friday morning so if anyone wants to explore London together while waiting for the coach, let me know.

P.S.could someone send me the facebook link; I can’t find it either

• 1 Jan 2011 Bunty said

Bunty

Hi there – the facebook page is an event… here is the link http://www.facebook.com/home.p…?eid=156279947722647

• 1 Jan 2011 Angelmorph said

Default_avatar

The link doesn’t seem to be working…

Would you mind sending me an invite?: http://www.facebook.com/angelmorph

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion