Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Weather in New Zealand in October/November

11 May 2009 Pippa said

Pippa
Hi All

I'm sure there are a thousand posts like this but I can't find them!

Anyway, I just want to know what the weather will be like at the end of October and beginning of November. Should I be taking a light water proof and loads of hoodies or do I take a thicker jacket?

Thanks for any advice you can give me
Pippa
  • 3 Jun 2009 EmilyElizabeth said

Default_avatar

It really depends where you’re going.
    November and December can still be a little cold/rainy so a light jacket should be good and one or two warmer hoodies/jumpers for night.

• 20 Jul 2009 melissa said

melissa

i dont know about the end of october but i was there end of sep till mid october and it was cold.. and rainy.. i think we had one or two sunny days but youd want to at least take one warm waterproof jacket!

• 27 Jul 2009 haftrack said

Default_avatar

I’m going on the NZ tour in November. My friend that lives in Auckland suggested to be prepared for all four seasons during the month and rain. So that means layering (t-shirt, hoody, jacket, etc). and the jacket should be a good rain jacket. For the girls she suggested in addition to jeans a pair of capri pants and a skirt.

• 1 Aug 2009 Monica88 said

Monica88

November is Spring time in New Zealand and we don’t start getting our summer until December/Jan and Feb, I live in Auckland so the weather can be unpredictable it’s always good idea to bring some jumpers or jackets cause it can get chilly. Have fun! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Aug 2009 leafs (f)an said

Default_avatar

What’s a jumper?

• 2 Aug 2009 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by leafs (f)an:
    What’s a jumper?

Sweater … kangaroo top.

• 3 Aug 2009 leafs (f)an said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Sweater … kangaroo top.

Sweater…ohhh okay thanksSmiler<!--graemlin::)--> By Kangaroo top, is that what we(at least in Canada) call a hoodie, with the pockets in the front?

• 14 Aug 2009 Niki said

Default_avatar

a sweater/jumper/hoodie all pretty much mean the same thing in Aust. I’ve never heard of ‘Kangaroo Top’ – but it makes sense!

• 18 Aug 2009 Casey said

Default_avatar

I live in NZ and seriously it can change randomly, id bring a mixture of everything for anytime of the year, November-December is summer and can be hot but it could randomly rain so bring some jerseys etc too but plan for warm/hot weather thru summer, Shorts and Tees are a good idea. Hope this helps!

• 24 Aug 2009 Pippa said

Pippa

Thanks Casey. Went out shopping to find a waterproof jacket the other day and found one with a removable fleece inside it so guess that would be a good one to get. What do you think?

• 26 Aug 2009 Casey said

Default_avatar

wouldnt hurt to have there but entirely up to you, depending where you’re going and how long you’re going to be there. If its small and fits in your bag without hassle you might as get one

• 26 Aug 2009 Casey said

Default_avatar

PS) hoodies are very common and warm so that’d be perfect however be aware some pubs wont allow you to wear anything with a hood into the bar (more common in the city) so a hoodie without the hood that zips up the front would be great to have in your day bag in case it turns a bit chilly but again it depends where you’re going and for how long. Also personal preferance as to how much you feel the cold etc

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion