Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Concerts/Gigs in Europe

6 May 2008 bec said

Default_avatar
Im going on euro insparation this august and then doing some independant travelling around, and would love to see a concert while over there or evn a few if there are good bands touring at the time!
just seeing if anyone has any suggestions for how to find this info out? or websites? or do I just really have to find out by chance when Im over there?

cheers!
  • 6 May 2008 bec said

Default_avatar

haha yes europe is quite a vauge thing for me to say! im thinking more london,ireland,scotland is where ill have time to see gigs. but that is great advice to try ticketmaster, thanks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I see your also from nz, i thought itd be pretty cool to see a kiwi gig while I was over there too so gonna try for that also Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 May 2008 Geoff C said

Geoff C
    quote:
    Originally posted by bec:
    haha yes europe is quite a vauge thing for me to say! im thinking more london,ireland,scotland is where ill have time to see gigs. but that is great advice to try ticketmaster, thanks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I see your also from nz, i thought itd be pretty cool to see a kiwi gig while I was over there too so gonna try for that also Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I don’t know what sort of music you’re into but i know that The Rabble and The King Cannons (both NZ bands) are going to england around July/August and will be playing gigs there.

King Cannons

The Rabble

Oh and for the record, I need going buddies Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 May 2008 Haydenm86 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    evn a few if there are good bands touring at the time!
    just seeing if anyone has any suggestions for how to find this info out? or websites? or do I just really have to find out by chance when Im over there?

Not sure what style of music you are into but I’m seeing a whole heap of Hard Rock/80’s Rock and Heavy Metal festivals while I’m over in Europe. I doubt that is what you are into :-P But if you are drop me a line Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 May 2008 bec said

Default_avatar

cheers guys! I am a rock girl – like everything from old school/80’s rock (faith no more etc) to newish rock (foo fighters, chillis etc)

Thanks geoff, i am definatly gonna check out those links, gotta represent nz music o/s! when are you going?

and those festivals sound awesome hayden…any websites for them?
    my tour is the euro insparation departing august 16th, and im around after my tour untill 21st sept, so anyone whos keen for concerts drop me a line Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

Most of the gigs i’m going to are in July/August – Wacken open air (Germany), Party San Festival (Germany), Zwarte Crosse (The Netherlands) and Bloodstock Open Air (UK). Download and glastonbury are on in the uk at some stage but I won’t be able to make them.

There is always something happening in London though, even if it is just a few sideshows you should still see something cool Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 May 2008 Stanga said

Default_avatar

Hayden, you have no idea how jealous I am of you. Wacken would be the ultimate metal experience!!! I think I’m going to have to settle for whoever turns up in London from August onwards… I’m hoping to see some of the many bands that would never come to Australia and I hear there’s something new on every night!
    Some friends are going to Graspop… heard about that? It sounds like one of the best!

Default_avatar

Dude come to Bloodstock open air, it is on from the 15th of August (from memory) in the UK. Really good lineup!

I can’t wait for Wacken! I’ve been wanting to go for ages and now it’s actually happening I am stoked. Seeing Maiden again but with 60,000 people this time is going to rule!

I would like to get to Graspop but can’t get there this time unfortunately.

• 8 May 2008 bec said

Default_avatar

sounds like im gonna miss most of them Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> i am also pretty jealous of hayden, iron maiden would be so amazing
    ah well will keep an eye out for other concerts im keen on!

• 8 May 2008 bec said

Default_avatar

hey bexing, im in wellington Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    i so agree with you, im keen to see a big name band at like hyde or something epic like that, and then definatly some kiwi music.
    i think im gona get a few federation t’s before i go – they have some really cool new zealand designs,you should check them out if you havent seen them :P

• 8 May 2008 SaraG said

Default_avatar

This is a link for concert listings in London …. http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=City&Conte…et=N&Market=N&Page=6

• 8 May 2008 keels said

Default_avatar

don’t know if you guys (kiwis) are into crowded house at all.. but they are playing a few gigs around in july.. i am going to see them in liverpool.. i am a kiwi livin in aussie at the moment. i am heading back to nz for a few days before i head over there.. will be stocking up on a few things.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    i am realy spewing cos i would love to go and see foo fighters again!! (went and saw them last weekend in sydney) i can’t get tickets and they are playing the day before, and the day i head away on my contiki!! i am spewing.. it was such an awesome concert!! when do you guys get into london??

• 8 May 2008 Agitator said

Default_avatar

pollstar.com is a good site that has concert listings for many major and minor acts all around the globe. I’m not sure if it’s more of an American site though, since sometimes listings for some cities can be light. But I think you could find what you’re looking for there.

• 8 May 2008 slock31 said

Default_avatar

Damn! I miss the wiggles by a day!
    Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 8 May 2008 Geoff C said

Geoff C
    quote:
    Originally posted by bec:
    Thanks geoff, i am definatly gonna check out those links, gotta represent nz music o/s! when are you going?

I’ll be in Newcastle (England) from the 17th July. Going to Blackpool for a music festival called The Rebellion FestivalAugust 7th-10th then prob back to NCSTLE then start Euro Whirl 28th August.

• 10 May 2008 Kiwi_Leon said

Default_avatar

Hey guy & girls

I just found a really cool website www.worldeventsguidecom.
    It allows you to search any city and type of event you want to go to (i.e. London, concerts). Its pretty good, i’ve just been checking out the running of the bulls & tomato fest in spain. Definately keen to check out some bands over there to aye.

Hey bec & Bexing good to hear you guys stocking up on the NZ clothing. I’ve already packed the All Blacks jersey & RPM NZ tees. When are you guys heading over?

• 11 May 2008 bec said

Default_avatar

hey leon – ill be in london from 12th aug til 21st sept. so excited Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

keels – i saw foo fighters last weekend in auckland, and they were amazing! would totally see them over and over again if i could :P

all the links/websites ppl are posting have been awesome so cheers!

• 13 May 2008 Stanga said

Default_avatar

Hayden – I didn’t realise At The Gates were playing Bloodstock… I think I’ll have to make a special effort to get there for them alone. It seems like a pretty decent line up with a lot of bands that rarely tour Australia!!!
    Put something like this on in Oz and all of about 100 people will turn upSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I missed Iron Maiden in February so maybe they’ll play in the UK sometime while I’m there. That would be awesome!

• 13 May 2008 Haydenm86 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Stanga:
    Hayden – I didn’t realise At The Gates were playing Bloodstock… I think I’ll have to make a special effort to get there for them alone. It seems like a pretty decent line up with a lot of bands that rarely tour Australia!!!
    Put something like this on in Oz and all of about 100 people will turn upSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I missed Iron Maiden in February so maybe they’ll play in the UK sometime while I’m there. That would be awesome!

Hey man, I know what you mean! I’m seeing them twice, as well as the Carcass reunion show at Wacken. I’m starting to get pretty excited Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 May 2008 ashleejoanne said

Default_avatar

i am doing a week in london after my tour in july, and i just looked up who was playing in london at that time and pretty much the only thing is kylie minogue. I am an australian so there is no way in hell i am gonig to go halfway across the world to see her perform lol

• 22 May 2008 Sherbie Woo said

Sherbie Woo

I know my favorite band will be in Europe this summer season as well and that’s Linkin Park. I’m really hoping I can catch one of their concerts, it would really make my contiki vacation THE BEST vacation EVURRR!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion