Community_discussions_small  

Question

Which LA theme parks...?

13 Dec 2007 Kiwi_chk asked

Default_avatar
Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm or Six Flags....?
SeaWorld or San Diego Zoo...?
..help...
  • 14 Dec 2007 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

I’d go disneyland for sure!

• 14 Dec 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

Disney, Universal Studios, I prefer Knotts over Six Flags but thats just me. And the San Diego Zoo is awesome. If you have time the Wild Animal park too. The Zoo ticket use to get you into the Animal park but I don’t know if they do now. There also use to be a cool osterich farm near by and in Ramona near by there’s a great place you can pick your apples ect and they will bake your pies. Haven’t been there since the fires though.

Balboa Park is also a favorite in the mission district as well as the old gas lamp district downtown. Horton Plaza is a great open air shopping mall.

Remember Disney and Universal are going to also cost extra for any of the shows or extra activites you participate in as well as food is pricy. In Disneyland treat yourself to a dinner at the restraunt inside the Pirates of the Carribean if its still there. Use to be very good food was always my favorite.

If you have any questions just ask i use to live in San Diego for many years.

• 25 Dec 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

wow…didnt realise there were so many parks??
    which are the best in terms of thrill rides…i live for the rides rather than all the disney, play around type stuff.

• 26 Dec 2007 jonnyboy said

jonnyboy

Six Flags has the best roller coasters and thrill rides you’ll find anywhere. Disneyland is always a classic … you can’t go wrong choosing to visit the Magic Kingdom.

• 30 Dec 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Melsie:
    Hi Nikki,

If you’re into thrill rides Knotts Berry Farm or 6 Flags is probably best for you!

Hope that helps!

great thanks!! i had a look at the six flags website and heck yes thats definately my kind of park!!

does anyone thing its possible to do both Disneyland and Disneyland Calfiornia in the 1 day?

• 7 Jan 2008 Jaclyn said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by nikki_adelaide:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Melsie:
    Hi Nikki,

If you’re into thrill rides Knotts Berry Farm or 6 Flags is probably best for you!

Hope that helps!

great thanks!! i had a look at the six flags website and heck yes thats definately my kind of park!!

does anyone thing its possible to do both Disneyland and Disneyland Calfiornia in the 1 day?

Both disneyland and california adventure are a lot of fun, to see both in one day you couldnt see everything, but you could get a taste of both in one day. there is still more to see at disneyland then california adventure. me personally when i went i could have done california adventure in a 1/2 day but i needed a couple of days in disney land!
    i havent been in a few years tho.

• 15 Apr 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

are disney and disney cali opened at the end of august usually?? i just had a look on the chedule and it will only show me opening times up to the middle of august but no times are shown for the end of aug…maybe its just to far away for them to enter the opening hours But it just seems strange that they have times up till mid august only

• 16 Apr 2008 David said

David

You can do both Disney parks in one day but you will feel rushed, i prefered the cali park over disney more adult type rides, whereas Disney is more kiddie ( but if you love disney than do it) besides, the parks are right beside each other and only 5 min away from the contiki hotel, will be going back this year to see the rest of Disney (the pirate ride and indian ride were cool and yes MJ it is still there). universal was my fav about an hours drive from hotel.

• 16 Apr 2008 USTraveller said

Default_avatar

Funny that Disneyland gets dismissed as a “kids park” a lot. It is and it isn’t. On my last visit I skipped most of Fantasyland and Toontown and have found that attractions in the rest of the park are good fun for adults as well. If you’re into the adrenaline rushes you won’t get too many, it’s true. But, I would argue that you could go to Disneyland, ride only the top 4 headline rides (Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates Of The Caribbean) and feel you’d got your money’s worth. I also defy anyone to ride Buzz Lightyear only once…I spent a whole morning trying to beat my own top score!

Disneyland is fun for those who like their thrills “mild but wild” as the guidebooks put it.

• 16 Apr 2008 steve said

Default_avatar

definitely go to sixflags,www.sixflags.com,and universal is really fantastic also,

• 20 Apr 2008 Cpt. Cook said

Default_avatar

Six flags has my name written all over it!! The map is unbelievable!

How would you get there from the contiki hotel in Anaheim? Looks to be about 100 kms.

Cheapest option and fastest option?

• 27 Apr 2008 Elbeezy aka Cappy P. said

Elbeezy aka Cappy P.

I mean I’m real keen to see disney again, with all that iconic **** its got going on.

But magic mountain? damn i’ve never seen something that good!!!

BRING ON X2 and TATSU!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion