Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern January 8th 2015

23 Mar 2014 Méaghan asked

Méaghan

I'm a solo traveller and was wondering if anyone has booked or is looking to book the Grand Southern departing LA on January 8th 2015?

If anyone has done this tour, do you have any tips? And do you recommend it?

• 6 May 2014 Tarajl93 said

Tarajl93

I’m going to be on this trip, solo! I havent done one before but have friends who just did a two week American Contiki and absolutely loved it! I cant wait :)

• 7 May 2014 Méaghan said

Méaghan

thats great! there is starting to be more and more people on our trip now :0

im travelling solo too, I think thee is a few of us flying solo haha

I cant wait! so excited :)

are you doing anything else of just this contiki?

• 7 May 2014 Tarajl93 said

Tarajl93

Me either :D Where are you from?
    I’m doing a semester of uni in Canada, then travelling to Vancouver, LA, then Contiki, then NY then home to Brisbane I think! So far don’t have any travel buddies but I’m sure I’ll pick some up :)
    What are your plans??

• 8 May 2014 Méaghan said

Méaghan

im from Sydney :)

Wow! that’s an amazing plan!

yeah you will meet people for sure! ive already met one girl on here who will be in LA before the Grand Southern Tour and we plan on going out together so you are welcome to join if you like. We are spending more time in NY afterwards too

I was worried I wouldn’t meet people but ive met heaps already haha there will be plenty of people to hang out with :)

I’m starting with New Years in Vegas then heading to LA, the contiki and then more time in NY :) Cant wait!

• 8 May 2014 Tarajl93 said

Tarajl93

Awesome, it’d be great to hang out with you girls! I want to spend around 2-7 January in LA. Are you similar?

• 8 May 2014 Méaghan said

Méaghan

I think I get there on the 3rd of Jan :)

one of the guys has set up a facebook group for our tour, the link is in the meet up I think, go on and join the group and we can chat about going out when its a bit closer :)

• 8 May 2014 Tarajl93 said

Tarajl93

I have already! Talk in the future then :)

• 3 Aug 2014 Ollie said

Ollie

hello kids,

My mate and I have have booked this tour! We will get to LA on the 2 of January spend a few nights in San Francisco seeing some sights there. Then spend the rest of our time in LA doing the sights there before the tour starts. We will be staying in the hostel that the tour departs from to make it easy for our selves. I had a girl friend of mine do this tour and she said it was a heap of fun so prepare yourselves!!!!

After the tour we will be spending a few days in New York shopping and sight seeing, then heading to Mexico for a buck wild time in playa del carmen!

We are from Canberra (don’t Judge us)

its good to see others as keen as us for this shall be a heap of fun!!!!

Ollie

• 3 Aug 2014 Tarajl93 said

Tarajl93

Ollie,
    So nice to hear from someone else!
    A few of us are organising to go to Disneyland on January 7th if you’re interested.
    Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1441147226162540/?fref=ts
    I don’t really know what else I’m doing beforehand still, that’s for me to figure out later as I leave Australia in two weeks for a six-month-long North American adventure :)
    Which hostel does our tour depart from? Is there a list of all the accommodations somewhere?

Tara

• 3 Aug 2014 Tarajl93 said

Tarajl93

Also, Facebook event for the tour: https://www.facebook.com/events/1385787934994142/?fref=ts

• 28 Aug 2014 Kelsey said

Kelsey

Hey! I am travelling on this tour as well along with 2 sisters and a friend.

We arrive in LA on the 6th and are super keen for Disneyland on the 7th Jan! :) Still not sure what hostel our tour departs from… Would be handy to know when booking our accommodation for the few nights beforehand.

We are only doing the first half of the tour to New Orleans then the other girls will go home and I will be travelling solo around New York for a couple of weeks.

Kelsey

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.