Community_discussions_small  

Question

west or east??

27 Oct 2007 caja13 asked

caja13
i'm thinking of doing contiki usa but can't decide between the west coast or east coast!! Can anyone recomended a tour and say what the best parts were/what was more worthwhile?
Thanks!!
  • 28 Oct 2007 *Mellissa* said

*Mellissa*

i did the LA to the Bay and it would Fab!
    but also i wanted to see NYC but didnt have the time.
    i would say the east coast for like vegas, LA, San Diego etc.

if you want any info just ask..
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Oct 2007 princess19 said

Default_avatar

Vegas, La and San Diego are actually on the west coast.

Living in the US i have to admit i wasnt impressed with the tours that went through the East. However all the cool cities are pretty spread out so it may be difficult….

• 29 Oct 2007 *Mellissa* said

*Mellissa*

oops my bad so i didnt mean to offend anyone.Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    westcoast is what i meant.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Nov 2007 caja13 said

caja13

Was San Diego worth visiting?? Did you get a lot of time there?

• 27 Nov 2007 theironmaiden said

Default_avatar

I’m trying to answer the same question myself – West or East?

However, living in Arizona for the past 14 months, I’m more inclined to go for the Eastern Discovery tour. It’s more unfamiliar and unchartered territory for me. The highlights of the West like the Grand Canyon, Vegas, San Francisco, Yosemite… I’ve been to them solo (not with Contiki) and yes, they were absolutely wonderful. =)

• 27 Nov 2007 *OVATION* said

*OVATION*

Based on weather alone…I’d have to say west coast. It’s always warmer than in the East coast.

• 29 Nov 2007 Steftacular said

Steftacular

I say west coast! but Im a little biased! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 29 Nov 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

The East Coast is the place to be. You’ve got New York, (one of the best cities in the world), Boston, Orlando, Washington DC. You could always “fly” over the west coast on your way back Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

No offense west coasters Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Brian

• 29 Nov 2007 AussieDP said

Default_avatar

Having done both TWICE – Grand Northern+Wild Western OCT02, Grand Southern AUG07, I can only say they are both worth seeing. Every tour has something of interest – just be careful of the East late in the year (OCT on) as the weather will become dodgy – cold and wet. Best bet whichever way you go – is to add extra time at the end – to experience the sights on you own time frame and hopefully with new friends. Don’t be too worried about pre-booking accomodation – as there are generally many options avail – and depending on what others on the tour are doing – you might be able to tag along and save some dollars by sharing costs. New York, Niagra, Washington, Chicago are stand outs, as are Yosemite, Vegas, Santa Monica (and everything in between – and Hawaii too!). Depending on where you are travelling from – the cost of the airfare may be the deciding factor !!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion