Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Hostel Advice

8 Dec 2009 Explorer1160126 said

Default_avatar
1) Book hostels in advance - it gives you peace of mind that you know you have a bed for the night, also you can book one hostel for the duration of your stay and won't need to move to a different hostel every day of your stay in one place which is what some people we met ended up doing.

2) DON'T book a place based on the pictures you see on the internet and the reviews may not always be that reliable either which is what we found with one hostel that we booked - it wasn't really a hostel at all more like a strange student house run by a very questionable person - we left after one night and we only stayed there at all because we arrived too late to find anywhere else...

3) Take a guide to Europe with you that has the names, addresses and phone numbers of reputable hostels in it so that should you need to find somewhere else you have all the info with you and don't have to trapse across the city with all your luggage just searching for a place. Tourist info are very good at knowing places to stay which are well-known and inhabitable if you don't have a guide
  • 9 Dec 2009 Explorer1160172 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for sharing wonderful advice.

• 9 Dec 2009 aymeh! said

Default_avatar

check out www.tripadvisor.com before booking a hotel/hostel!

• 12 Dec 2009 Elle said

Default_avatar

I think we are staying in a questionable hotel in London… piccadilly Backpackers… i haven’t seen a good review on it yet. My bf and I don’t know whether to change it or just suck it up as we are only there for 3 nights.

• 12 Dec 2009 aymeh! said

Default_avatar

See how you go its an experience after all even if it is a bad one Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Jun 2011 Rah911 said

Rah911

what do you do with your stuff when u stay at a hostel? Like when you are out for the day etc?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion