Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Liverpool stop on GB and Ireland tour

19 Mar 2010 FloridaRandee said

FloridaRandee
I was wondering if anyone has been on the GB and Ireland tour recently...I want to know when in Liverpool what the Beatles tour entails and if we have time or go to the Beatles Museum called the Beatles Story...
Juut want to know how long we are there and what is included and if I should plan a separate trip up before the tour starts to go!

thanks!!!
  • 21 Mar 2010 susan said

Default_avatar

Hi never done the tour but am from Liverpool. The hotel you stay in is quite close to the albert dock where the beetles story is – i see the contiki bus there occasionally as I drive to work. If you get any free time you should be able to do it.

• 21 Mar 2010 FloridaRandee said

FloridaRandee

thanks for the info but I know we definitely dont stay the night there we just stop on the way to
    York so I am not sure about how much free time we get!

• 22 Mar 2010 Connor416 said

Default_avatar

When are you going on the tour? I’m on May 7 – 22.

• 22 Mar 2010 FloridaRandee said

FloridaRandee

July 9th! when u get back let me know!!!!

• 30 Mar 2010 aymeh! said

Default_avatar

Im pretty sure the Beatles tour would cover all Beatles related stuff but check out www.tripadvisor.com and search for Beatles magical mysetry tour that may give you more insight into the depth of the tour…i think because the new tour only involves a short visit to Liverpool instead of a nights stay they may have changed it so not sure

• 1 Apr 2010 Michelle said

Michelle

I went on the GB and S. Ireland tour last year and you will have time to do the Beatles Story. I could have done without the bus tour around the city as the tour guide for that wasn’t the greatest, but on the upside we did get to see Penny Lane.

As for the Beatles Story – we only had about an hour and a half of free time before heading into town to the Cavern Club for a drink and then the group dinner. So about 10 of us headed over and I pretended to be the guide for the group of 10 and got us a student discount. Which was great. I did the tour in about 45 mins but really it does take much longer for a more in-depth look. Hope that helps and sorry my post was long.

If you want anymore info about this tour let me know. Cheers!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion