Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ski Trip departing 24th January 09'

22 Oct 2008 Justine said

Default_avatar
Just wondering if anyone else was doing the 7 day ski trip departing the 24th January 2008? Would love to hear from anyone who is!!!!
  • 28 Oct 2008 Boardergirl said

Default_avatar

Hi there

I am on the trip leaving london on the 23rd and arriving on the 24th in Hopfgarten, I will be there for 2 weeks. I did tha same this february and loved it!!!

C you there

Jo

• 30 Oct 2008 Justine said

Default_avatar

Will you be catching the bus from London? Any tips that you can think of??

• 1 Nov 2008 Boardergirl said

Default_avatar

Hi there Justine
    I will be cathcing the bus from London on the 23rd – it is a long trip but I have learnt from my 6 week trip this summer how to sleep on the bus!!! The bus travels at night so I guess most people sleep or just chat to the others around them. Have you skied or boarded before?? are you bringing your own stuff?? are you doing the dinners option?? it is a very good idea as you are a 15 mn walk from town and after a day on the slopes you do not want to have to go into town for dinner and miss out on the goings on.
    There are no big tips except if you like to party they do loads of dress up parties so some cheap makeup is always a good thing and a gr8 imagination is always helpfull haha
    Hey if you wanna know anything else drop me a line
    C you in a few months
    Jo

• 4 Nov 2008 Justine said

Default_avatar

Yeah I will probably do the dinner options… I haven’t really seen what they are yet… but I have done a Contiki trip before – about 12 months ago, the European Encounter, it was great and I did all the dinner options then(so much easier?) I have never skiied/snowboarded before!! (watch out!) Can you hire ski gear there (pants, jacket etc)? I just don’t own any stuff that’s all. I have NO idea what to expect!! I will definitelt be taking my pillow for the bus trip lol.

• 4 Nov 2008 Boardergirl said

Default_avatar

Hi there

Where do you live?? If you live in the UK try Mataland – they have heaps of cheap stuff, I think you can hire the gear there. The dinner options are all at the Gasthof but there are 2 nigths that they do not have a dinner there and you can do a dinner and ice skating option and then on the other night we normally go out to a local restaurant.
    C you on th 23rd!!
    Jo

• 5 Nov 2008 Justine said

Default_avatar

I live in Australia. Just not sure what to do about the ski clothes but anyway, we will figure it out. See you on the 23rd! Looking forward to the skiing but not the LONG bus trip.

Jus :-)

• 6 Nov 2008 Boardergirl said

Default_avatar

Hi there Justine,
    An Aussie – bet you are loving the nice Summer weather that is on its way to you!!! I am a South African but am living in the UK. I will be home for xmas and new year so we sill both be freezing in UK and the Austria!!! but will have gr8 suntans!!!
    I would suggest going on line to the sports hire shops in Hopfgarten and pre order your stuff as it can get really busy there and you don’t wanna go and learn butt naked haha
    I would look around in Oz/ N Zealand if there are any last season stuff they are selling off as the winter season over there is over, you can get a good waterproof warm jacket that will be fine for the slopes ( I use a hiking jacket )
    When do you get to the Uk before the trip?? The store you can go to here is not mataland but T K Max – cheap and good stuff, was tempted to get new gear but I have only worn my other stuff for 2 weeks !!!! so decided not to!!!

Hey the bus trip is a great bonding experience and hey it is cheap and that is what counts – more drink or food money!!!!

Well you have a great weekend – I am working in the freezing cold for the next month till I get some love form the sunshine!! I can’t wait!!!!

Take care
    Jo

• 11 Nov 2008 Explorer1103269 said

Default_avatar

Hey

Me and my older brother are doing the 2 week ski departing london on the 23rd. We are making our own way there but. its going to an epic and new experience as me and my bro are new skiers/ snowborders. haha. look foward to meeting you all

ben/luke

• 14 Nov 2008 Explorer1117088 said

Default_avatar

Hi,

I’ll be there on the 24th along with my husband. He snowboard and I ski and snowboard a little. We are making our own way there. Looking foward to meet you all.It’s not our first Contiki trip, it will be our 3rd. We did London to Rome in April/2005 and Berlin to Budapest in October/2006.

We’ve ask Contiki to send us some information on costs/rentals. Here is the information they gave us.

Cost per person in Euro

Ski pass
    6 day Ski Pass – €185
    13 day Ski Pass – €315

Ski / Snowboard Equipment
    6 days €47
    13 days €95

Ski Lessons
    5 days x 4 hrs €116
    3 days x 4 hrs €109

Snowboard Lessons
    5 days x 2 hrs €116
    3 days x 2 hrs €95

Ski & Snowboard Package
    3 days x 4 hrs ski and 3 days x 2 hrs snowboard €175

Clothing Hire
    Ski pants – 6 days €26
    Ski pants – 13 days €44
    Ski jacket – 6 days €26
    Ski jacket – 13 days €44
    Ski suit – 6 days €50
    Ski suit – 13 days €88

Hope that is helpfull

France & Carl Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Nov 2008 Justine said

Default_avatar

Wow! That’s really helpful, thank you so much! I guess you just book the clothing once your there? My boyfriend and I are both going, he has skiied before and I will just be a learner.. should be interesting. When we booked our trip with the travel agaent we organised the ski passes/lessons/ski gear but just not the clothing, hopefully it will all work out! Not long to go now..

• 27 Nov 2008 sarz23 said

Default_avatar

hi justine, i’m from Aus aswell and have only snowboarding a couple of times so i won’t be that great either. It should be good fun though i love going to the snow.

• 4 Dec 2008 katieehirst said

Default_avatar

Hey guys
    My names Katie! Me and my Bro will be travelling on the 24th as well! We are catching the bus from London which is one hell of a long bus trip but its all part of it I suppose.
    This will be my third contiki tour, 2nd skiing, My bros first time. We’re both skiers.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone and having an awsum time!
    Getting pretty damn excited now glad to see there are others
    Cheers kt

• 6 Dec 2008 danger_dave said

Default_avatar

I’m going on this for the two week option. Will be flying to Munich from Dublin Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> so no long bus trip for me.

• 9 Dec 2008 caylea said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys, I will be doing a week trip. I am doing another contiki before this one starting on NY eve and finishing on the 18thJan. I’m a skier but might give boarding a go. Where is everyone from?? I’m from New Plymouth in New Zealand.

Can’t wait for the snow

• 19 Dec 2008 nzshan said

nzshan

Hey everyone!
    Me (kiwi chick 26)and my friend Jo (english lass 23) are doing a week leaving London on the 23rd. Can’t wait to meet everyone. We are both snowboarders.
    Have a wicked Christmas and see you on the bus or the slopes!
    Shannon Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 26 Dec 2008 nursedreamie said

nursedreamie

hey everyone im doing a week from the 24th jan! cant wait, bout to head off next week o/s! glad to know we can hire ski pants cos they’re the only things i dont have. did someone say we had to prehire them or something cos its very busy? how do we do that?

• 28 Dec 2008 Joanna said

Joanna

hiya in nzshan mate!! so excited for the trip so where is everyone from whos coming on the trip that leaves london on the 23rd?

joanna xx

• 28 Dec 2008 Joanna said

Joanna

Oh i think everyone on this forum is on that same trip altho some are on the 2 weeks where as im on the one week. rReally Really excited!!!! havent boarding much before as a little bit of all the

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion