Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Sightseeing in Europe

7 Feb 2007 Neets23 said

Default_avatar
Hi all,

I have a question for those who've done a Contiki tour before. When it says "city sightseeing is included in the tour price", does that mean just seeing the sights, or does it include going in and looking round properly?

eg. I want to go up the Eiffel Tower and actually look inside the Colosseum, so is that included? Or do you have to pay separately and go back in your free time?

Thanks,
Anita
  • 7 Nov 2012 BrookemarleySA said

BrookemarleySA

i would also like to know the answer to this, as trying to budget for spending money can be hard if you think something is included and turns out not to be

• 10 Nov 2012 lizzie said

lizzie

Hi city site seeing only covers “seeing” the site you will need to pay and return in your free time to look around properly unless itinerary states entry included

• 11 Nov 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

Actually, some of the sight seeing is included with Contiki, like the Eiffel Tower. Contiki has a special deal with he company where your TM will bypass the line-up with your group and take you up the tower. Also, at least with my TM, he was able to give us a lot of tips when it came to getting “special” tickets to bypass lines at certain places, such as the Colosseum.

• 12 Nov 2012 lizzie said

lizzie

Yeah that’s true but the entrance fee is on top of the tour Price

• 15 Jan 2013 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

In some places you do a walking tour to see the sights but just to walk past them, in you want to do in and have a look, e.g. the louvre, it is at your own expense.

For example in Rome we did a driving tour where we drove past the colusseum but the next day we had a free day where we could do our own thing, but cause we had such an awesome TM we came with us on his day off and organised group entry so we would get a slightly cheaper rate and miss the queues, but this was at our own expense.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.