Community_discussions_small  

Question

what to pack for USA grand southern in June/July

26 Mar 2014 rachyroooo asked

rachyroooo

hiyerrrr, so I'm off on the grand southern in a couple of months which goes from LA to New York and I'm doing a packing list and want to make sure I don't miss anything crucial! as its summertime and they're all southern states so fairly warm I don't think ill need any warm clothes but ill bring like one pair of leggings and a hoodie just in case. so on my list I've got all the standard stuff like travel pillow, iPod, tablets, insect repellent, suncream and a hell of a lot of mini hair products... I'd be grateful for any advice on anything else that would be useful! and how many outfits you think is right and stuff. and if there's anything that really isn't worth bringing! I'm debating my video camera but I also have my normal camera so I don't wanna spend the entire trip flicking between the two trying to get photos and videos of everything so not getting to actually see it... dilemma. but yeah, any help much appreciated!

• 1 May 2014 Karen said

Karen

I am from Southern Cali and in the months of June and July the weather can be very warm…up to 100 degrees F. But the heat is dry heat so it wont feel as hot as it will when you get to the east coast. It’s humid there and it will make it feel hotter then it really is. I would recommend to bring a swim suit, lots of sorts and tank tops, sunglasses, a hat, and flip flops. (I live in flip flops all year round.) Nights can get cold so a hoodie is a great choice. All hair and bathroom stuff you can pick up pretty much any place here once you land…if you plan on arriving early this could be the best choice (less to travel with and the exchange rate you will get stuff cheaper ;) If you are flying in early find a Target…they will have everything you could possibly need.

• 1 May 2014 rachyroooo said

rachyroooo

thanks for the advice Karen!
    and Stacey I’m just using my normal SIM card. I won’t be calling or texting anyone – most of these hotels have wifi so I can keep in contact with people through FaceTime, iMessage, Skype, viber and Facebook

• 1 May 2014 Karen said

Karen

Stacey be ready for HOT weather most places will be close if not over 100 degrees. Around that time of the year i live in my swim suit with a cover up.

• 1 May 2014 Karen said

Karen

Ohh and when the days are hot and miserable that means the nights will be amazing. The sun wont set until 9pm so this will be the time you want to get outside and have fun. I just realized Stacey you will be mostly on the East Coast so be ready for HOT sticky weather. Let me give you an example…you take a shower by the time you walk outside you are already drenched with sweat. lol but luckily its not like that in every state you will be in. In new york you have to wear an actual outfit but once you are in Hawii a swim suit and shorts will be just fine.

• 24 Jun 2014 Aleisha91 said

Aleisha91

I was contemplating buying a video camera as well rachypooo but you make a good point about swapping between the two, i think a decent camera will suffice as you can take videos on that too? which is now what i think i will do haha i need to get a new camera anyway ;) Otherwise take lots of videos because one of the girls did a video montage of our whole trip and was awesome to look back on :D

• 7 Jul 2014 stacey said

stacey

Whats New York like in August?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion