Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Pre & post tour accommodation

16 Nov 2010 MsJQ said

Default_avatar
Booked on the Grand Explorer exit Christchurch Sun 15th May - have been doing my research & have decided the most convenient/ cost effective option is to stay at the hotel the tour leaves from. My question is if my flight arrives in Christchurch at midnight on the Thursday do I book a room for Thur, Fri, Sat or can i get away with just booking for Fri & Sat?

Also does anyone know if the Nomads backpacker hostel in Auckland is any good. Thinking about booking in there for a night or two after the tour finishes.

Thanks
Jane
  • 18 Nov 2010 Pervy said

Pervy

I think you’ll have to book for the Thursday in Christchurch. I made the mistake on a trip to hawaii where I got in late at night and had booked for the next day and there was no room for me till 3pm the next day. Not much fun after a 12 hour flight from London.

• 18 Nov 2010 ptooma said

Default_avatar

I’ve stayed at Nomads in Auckland. It’s very central in Auckland. Clean facilities and friendly staff. No complaints and only 1 block away from the Contiki Hotel. Don’t forget to ask the Nomdad’s front desk for a backpackers discount ticket if you decide to take the Airport Bus Shuttle which has a top just in front of the Nomads.

- Vic

• 25 Nov 2010 Explorer1219820 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,
    I travelled around NZ last year and we stayed at base backpackers in Christchurch and Queenstown. It’s clean and friendly. and the prices are reasonable also!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion