Community_discussions_small  

Question

Contiki Reps: Any plans on adding a Balkans tour?

1 Feb 2008 trashywilma asked

Default_avatar
Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania and Serbia?

I know a few tours try to get thru Albania and Montenegro as quickly as possible and stop in the extremely touristy Dubrovnik, but I think a more Balkan-focused tour would be awesome.

I've been looking for next year, and the only tours I can find are probably going to be filled with older, retired people. I know Belgrade and Sarajevo have awesome nightlife.

Just a suggestion. Wink
  • 1 Feb 2008 Explorer1085698 said

Default_avatar

I think that region is still a little too crazy right now. unless you want to get shot…

• 1 Feb 2008 trashywilma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1085698:
    I think that region is still a little too crazy right now. unless you want to get shot…

I doubt it. Prague and Budapest are too touristy now, and it’s expected that the Balkans are the next big thing.

• 2 Feb 2008 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1085698:

That an exceptionally ignorant comment to make.

I went on the 18 day camper last year and we visited Prague, Budapest, Belgrade, Sarajevo and Dubrovnik, as well as other more touristy places. Both Belgrade and Sarajevo have a very rich history, and are worth a visit, even if you only go once.
    Sarajevo was my favourite place on tour, as it is still very much undiscovered, and the people are the nicest you will find. In fact I fell in love with Bosina as a whole, and will definately be going back.

Bosnia, Croatia and Montenegro all have some of the most beautiful scenery in Europe.

• 2 Feb 2008 trashywilma said

Default_avatar

Maybe I need to get in touch with Contiki directly since I doubt they’ll read this forum.

and yes, it was an ignorant statement, especially coming from a traveller. I guess some people prefer to remain blissfully unaware of the world around them and only dream of seeing the usual Paris and London. To each their own, I guess.

• 2 Feb 2008 trashywilma said

Default_avatar

Oh wow, real_mccoy…I just now saw that you went on a camping tour to Bosnia, so I looked and they still visit there, as well as Prague and Budapest. Awesome!

But are you sleeping in tents? Do you bring a tent? Can you shower every day?

Sorry…I’m in Florida filled with mosquitos, snakes, and gators…we don’t camp here.

• 3 Feb 2008 Explorer1085698 said

Default_avatar

I’m sorry if that comment sounded Ignorant but I have some friends in the Canadian Forces who were in Bosnia-Herzegovina and they told me to avoid that region. mind you this was almost 10 years ago a lot could have changed.

• 15 Feb 2008 Drea said

Drea

Hey Everyone!

I’m Canadian however both my parents were born in Croatia and so I have been there a handful of times. I love travelling to different countries and seeing new things, but I must say I absolutely love Croatia. The coast is amazing….Dubrovnik, Makarska, Split…the list goes on. Croatia is quickly becoming very touristy and that makes me proud to have a Croatian background!! I did the Greek Island Hopping Tour last summmer and quite a few ppl on my tour were going to Croatia after that. Also, a lot of famous stars are buying property there because it’s so beautiful. I agree that Contiki should have a tour that goes through Croatia I noticed there are a few that stop briefly, but I think there should be a single tour that concentrates on Croatia. I would definately go on it! There is so much history and culture and it truly is a beautiful country!!!

Andrea

• 16 Feb 2008 Jamie62477 said

Default_avatar

I would LOVE to go here with Contiki!!!!! I have thought about the camping tour that goes through this region but would love to go on a hotel tour!!! Please CONTIKI let us go to the BALKANS!!

• 17 Feb 2008 Drea said

Drea

Dobar dan Praha335Ci!!!

Mmmm ja volim Karlovacko Pivo!!! Haha ne govorim tako dobro hrvatski. I can understand it and read it but when it comes to typing it thats a bit tough! So when was the last time you were in Hrvatska? I was there in the summer of 2005 with my tata. I can’t wait to go back again! I really wish Contiki had a tour that goes all along the more. How much fun would that be?!!!

Andrea

• 18 Feb 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Wow … wouldn’t it be cool if people also write in this cool language called English? Basically we all like to know what’s being written. I think someone likes to show off in another language … ooohhhh aaaahhh … I’m not impressed – keep it to private messages instead if 99.99% of other ppl don’t understand a word of it.

- Vic

• 20 Feb 2008 CntW8tilJULY said

Default_avatar

ill be in Croatia and BiH for 9 weeks this yr… cant wait

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.