Community_discussions_small  

Question

Booked May 17, 2008?

10 Dec 2007 maggie asked

Default_avatar
Hi Everyone!
I was just wondering who has officially booked for departure on May 17th???? I already have and I would love to meet some people!
  • 13 Dec 2007 gracesc said

Default_avatar

Hey maggie; I’m booked as well, but i think you already knew that! Did you figure out where you were staying before or after?

• 15 Dec 2007 maggie said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I’m staying an extra night before and an extra night afterwards in London. I think the hotel is the Imperial? Not sure. How about you??

I’m so excited!!!

• 31 Dec 2007 gracesc said

Default_avatar

Hey maggie; can’t wait for europe!! I’ll be in London bout three days before the tour starts and will probably stay in a hotel before the tour starts. After the tour ends, I’ve got about a week..still debating what to do. I’m starting to get panicked bout the luggage situation tho..I’m using the same pack for a week in florida and it’s barely holding what i need for a week!! Have you thought about what you’re going to do bout packing?

• 1 Jan 2008 maggie said

Default_avatar

Hey!
    I know I’m getting excited too! I’ve thought about the packing situation and somehow I’m going to have to fit everything in suitcase of 40 pounds. I know I’m going to have one that rolls instead of a backpack. I have a small messagener bag that I’m going to use during the day that will carry my essentials. I also want to have a tote type bag with me but I’m not sure if that includes the 40 pounds. It’s going to take me a month to pack!

• 24 Jan 2008 gracesc said

Default_avatar

Just want to “refresh” this post..hey maggie, were you planning to stay at the contiki hotel the night before?

• 6 Feb 2008 Kristen M. said

Kristen M.

Hi! My name is Kristen and I too am booked for the Vista on May 17 2008. It’s good to know there are other people signed up for this date too b/c I was really worried about a cancellation!

• 6 Feb 2008 maggie said

Default_avatar

Hi Kristin! Yeah, I’m worried too because I haven’t seen many people reply. Hopefully, they’ll start adding up! Where are you from?

• 6 Feb 2008 Kristen M. said

Kristen M.

I’m from California, the San Francisco area. My travel agent told me she would let me know if she heard anything about a cancellation, and I haven’t heard from her so I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

• 7 Feb 2008 gracesc said

Default_avatar

Hi Kristen! Glad to see another! Knock wood, the trip won’t be cancelled. The “meeting place” forum probably won’t give you a good indication of how full the tour will be. When I did reefs & rainforests, our date on the forum only had about 3 or 4 particpants & our tour ended up with about 45 to 55 people. Kristen, is this your first time travelling with contiki?

• 8 Feb 2008 Kristen M. said

Kristen M.

Hi Grace! This is my first Contiki trip but not my first time to Europe. I’m really excitited and can’t wait for May 17th!

• 29 Mar 2008 gracesc said

Default_avatar

Just wanted to “bump” our post..we’ve got 4, maybe 5 so far..anymore?

• 1 Apr 2008 hayls said

hayls

Hey guys!! So Grace I finally found the group you were telling me about!There may be hope for me after all lol! Anyway guys I was reading over the posts and I just wanted to let you all know that when I booked this trip Contiki told my travel agent that it is a guarenteed trip now so they will not cancel, I hope this reduces some of your anxiety!!!! See ya’ll in London!!46 daysSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Apr 2008 Michael said

Default_avatar

Lets make that 5 or 6, and I will be staying a day extra in London on both sides of the trip. Looking at London’s tube system makes me want to kill our city planners over here Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Michael

• 7 Apr 2008 gracesc said

Default_avatar

Wow, this is the most people I’ve ever seen on a forum! Granted, I only check the one I’m on lol! Can’t wait!!!

• 14 Apr 2008 maggie said

Default_avatar

Hey there is this application on facebook (if ya’ll have it) called My Contiki….You can pick the trip you are going on and meet some of your tourmates. Go check it out! 30 more days!!!!!

• 15 Apr 2008 Kristen M. said

Kristen M.

Hey everyone it’s almost time! I can hardly wait! I know it may be a little soon, but has anyone received their Contiki documents and itineraries yet? It just makes me nervous not getting it until 2 or 3 weeks before leaving.

• 19 Apr 2008 gracesc said

Default_avatar

I want to be there NOW!!! Work is sucking more than I can say and I don’t want to do it anymore..LESS THAN A MONTH!!! Can’t wait to meet all you guys!!!

• 19 Apr 2008 gracesc said

Default_avatar

Kristen; I spoke to my travel agent and she was told by contiki that they were printing them on Monday (APr 21) and we should be gettin them soon after that!

• 25 Apr 2008 Michael said

Default_avatar

Well were finally good to go… holding my ticket packet in my hand. Makes an interesting little jingling noise when shaken… if you lose it I guess you can just shake everything till you hear the jingle.

Its almost like being a kid at Christmas time counting down the days…

Michael

• 30 Apr 2008 maggie said

Default_avatar

Is anyone going a couple days before the tour starts and where are they staying???

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion