Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone going 2010 -2011 ?

12 Aug 2010 jude1402 asked

Default_avatar
Hi, Will be in Europe this year end and thinking about doing the this tour for New Year.Has anyone else booked this or thinking about doing it?
  • 16 Aug 2010 SCat07 said

Default_avatar

Hi, I’m thinking of doing this tour, too. Just sent in a price quote so depending on how much it’ll break the bank, may be doing it this New Year’s.

Anyone else?? Also has anyone done it previously & have any feedback? (I did the London-Paris-Amsterdam tour last Fall & loooooved it! Fell in love w/Paris especially & want to go back asap!)

• 25 Aug 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

yeah im doing in new years in paris and i cant wait…. are you guys doing any other tours before or after???

• 29 Aug 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

oh really? yeah im doing 2 others…. christmas snowboarding in austria and then after new years im doing 9 day england/scotland tour…

why are you guys only doing the 1?

• 30 Aug 2010 Explorer1206411 said

Default_avatar

Hello. Im really interested in travelling, but have no experience of doing so in the past.
    I really like the sound of the Paris New Year trip, but would be travelling solo. Anyone else plan on doing so? Or has anyone else been before at New Year?

• 30 Aug 2010 Explorer1206413 said

Default_avatar

Wow, that’s awesome. I’m going with just my friend. I read some blogs and posts online saying the hotel in paris is a bit out of the area. I hope its not true. We will find out the name of the place a few weeks before we leave. Maybe that won’t effect us because we are part of a tour.

I’m hope to meet you there!

• 30 Aug 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

yeah its pretty crazy but im excited…. oh wow i didnt know it was out of paris… that sucks a bit but like you said i guess we will find out…. yeah i hope to meet you there to…. where are you from?

• 30 Aug 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Explorer1206411

hey Explorer1206411….. i am doing my whole month solo i think it will be amazing and it will force me to meet other people…. whats holding you back from doing it?
  • 31 Aug 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Explorer1206411

dont be nervous about flying solo… i think its going to be amazing… where are you from?
  • 1 Sep 2010 Sado said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1206413:

EXCITE!!!

What was the name of the hotel in paris? It may not be the same one, but at least I’ll get an idea of where i’m staying for nye.[/QUOTE]

The hotel in paris was all seasons hotel… (don’t mix it up with the 4 seasons hotel :P ) It was an OK hotel, a bit far from the city center but was very close to a metro station (chateau Landon – literally next door!) and close to the train station, 5 minutes walk. hope it’s the same hotel, as it was a fairly clean one with helpful staff..
  • 1 Sep 2010 Sado said

Default_avatar

Whoever is planning to do the Paris NYE, add me on facebook, I’ll be posting pictures and videos from my “Best of Europe Tour”: saeed_nader@dell.com

• 7 Sep 2010 Explorer1207684 said

Default_avatar

I’m thinking of going to the London/Paris for New Years and wanted to meet anyone else who was going. This is my first time traveling solo with Contiki and being 34 I’m afraid I might be the oldest on the bus!!

• 10 Sep 2010 Samantha&Dale said

Samantha&Dale
    quote:
    Originally posted by foxy666:
    oh really? yeah im doing 2 others…. christmas snowboarding in austria and then after new years im doing 9 day england/scotland tour…

why are you guys only doing the 1?

only doing the one cause we both literally only get just over a week off over the christmas break! would have done a longer tour if we had more time off
  • 11 Sep 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

samantha&dale…

oh reqally that sucks but is fair enough shame you guys couldnt get more time off….

seneca are my first contikis first over seas trip first everything and i am pumped…. im on the count down now till i fly out lol

Smiler

• 17 Sep 2010 Explorer1209189 said

Default_avatar

Hello! I am looking to book this trip next week. I will also be traveling solo, like so many of you. I’m coming from the NYC area. This will be my second Contiki holiday. I did the Spotlight on Greece plus Island cruising last year. It was amazing. Seems like there will be a good group going on this trip. Can’t wait!

• 19 Sep 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Hi – I’m trying to decide between Paris or Amsterdam for New Year. Just got back from the Grand Southern in the states was so much fun! Anyone want to share why they chose Paris? I think both places would be great but for different reasons but I think I’m veering towards Paris!
    Jxx

• 19 Sep 2010 JodieP said

Default_avatar

Im interested in doing this Paris trip too – just in the process of convincing a friend to come along as im not brave enough to go alone! Fingers crossed!!!!!!

• 19 Sep 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

jill… i chose paris because some of my friends have been to both and they all recommened paris over amsterdamn so i just thought ok paris it is then lol

jodie… dont be worried about going on your own i think most of are going on our own….. it will be amazing

where are you girls from?

• 19 Sep 2010 Explorer1209189 said

Default_avatar

Sen-sational, which part of NY are you coming from? I’m on the Jersey side, Union City.

• 22 Sep 2010 Explorer1209189 said

Default_avatar

I am officially booked!!!

The way the flights are coming from the states I will be getting into London one day early so I can see the sights. Let me know if anyone is going to be in London early as well. Can’t wait for the trip to get here!

• 25 Sep 2010 Rubes said

Rubes

Hellow everyone,
    I just booked the New Years in Paris tour…...
    i am excited but nervous at the same time since i will be traveling solo ….
    -Rubes

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.