Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Hair Straighteners on concept/budget tours!!

9 Aug 2007 smithyana said

Default_avatar
I'm toying with the idea of taking a straightener and I'm wondering whether i'll actually get time to straighten my hair, and if there will be outlets available. Any feedback from those who have done it would be great... I get the impression there isn't a whole lot of time on the tours to do makeup/hair etc. before going out!
  • 9 Aug 2007 BuckyRific said

Default_avatar

Hey, I haven’t been on a tour with Contiki yet but I’m leaving tomorrow (ahhh) for the Horizons tour. I’m definitely bringing my straightener. I’m under the impression that people choose what they want to do at night for the most part so if you wanted to take some extra time to straighten your hair that probably won’t be a problem. As far as outlets go, I’ve read questions on here about whether people were bringing their own blowdryers or if the hotels would offer them so I’m assuming there will be outlets available. It’s really humid where I live so I’m pretty excited to straighten my hair and have it not be frizzy as soon as I walk outside once I get to Europe! Enjoy your tour!

• 9 Aug 2007 TravelGirl said

Default_avatar

hey there… I was wondering about the hair blowdyer/straightner as well, until i found a Wet to Straight straightner at the store. So once you wash your hair you can just straighten it without worrying about blow drying it. I’ve tested it out a few times just to see how it works, it only takes about 15 min and i must say, my hair looks fabulous.. lol. hope this helps

• 9 Aug 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

You’ll have time to use it if you make the time. There are times when you only get half an hour to freshen up, but other times you’ll have enough time or you’ll just have to get up a little earlier.

If you’re concerned about plugs, bring a thing with multiple plugs on it so you can use more then one thing at a time.

• 10 Aug 2007 janelle said

Default_avatar

I have just purchased a travel straightener for my trip.

Its rechargable and cordless, so you can straighten your hair on the tour bus.

They are selling new on ebay for about $35 including postage, just type in ‘travel hair straightener’ if you want to check it out.

Obviously wont be as good as the normal ones, butits light and compact, perfect for travelling.

• 10 Aug 2007 cherree said

Default_avatar

Wouldn’t you rather be out enjoying the scenery or mixing with your fellow Contiki-ers?? It’s obviously a choice one has to make for themself but you’ll end up finding that you’re not there to impress anyone – just have an awesome time!

Keep in mind sometimes you simply won’t have time. We got to one place and had 15 minutes to collect our bags from the bus, check in, change and be back on the bus. The TM even changed on the bus cause we had NO time!!

• 10 Aug 2007 TravelGirl said

Default_avatar

which tour was that?

• 10 Aug 2007 cherree said

Default_avatar

I went on Vista in May – awesome! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Aug 2007 smithyana said

Default_avatar

thanks for the feedback everyone – i’ll be packing a small one, for emergency use only!!!!

• 18 Aug 2007 aroundthe said

Default_avatar

I don’t know how well these work, but the cordless straightners. You can do your hair on those long bus rides. Conair has one for 12$.

• 19 Aug 2007 ozziegirl74 said

Default_avatar

my travel mate took one. we had time to both do our hair. its just organisation skills haha. we had roughly 45 mins to get ready. it does add weight to yr luggage tho. a hair dryer is a good idea tho. some of the hotels are a little useless.

• 29 Oct 2007 Lollie said

Default_avatar

if there is outlets on the bus shouldnt you be able to straighten your hair on the bus. i have ghd’s and even with long hair it only takes me 10 mins to look perfect!

• 3 Nov 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

There are outlets on most of the buses (European socket). I don’t know how you’d go with straightening your hair while the bus is in motion though. The outlets are down in the back stair well, not at the seats or anything…

• 4 Nov 2007 tara-grace said

Default_avatar

Make sure you get a travel one or one that is compatable with European wattage because I couple of girls on the trip blew out their $200-300 straightners :S

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion