Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Back from April Aegean Classic is there anything you want

29 May 2008 Crispy said

Crispy
to know?? Happy to help
  • 29 May 2008 bonvoyage said

Default_avatar

which excursions should you go on which should you skip. What was bad what was good. anything else that you think i should know

• 2 Jun 2008 Steph said

Default_avatar

Hi! How is the boat, is it nice? Are the rooms nice? Was the weather really hot? What is important to bring on this trip?

• 3 Jun 2008 melissa84 said

Default_avatar

Hi!
    Im going on the cruise next month. What powerpoints do they have..european or american? I cant live with out my hairdryer!
    Is there much to do on board?

• 4 Jun 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

Hopefully you get Lauren Cummings as your guide – shes fantastic. The pre-tour meeting has an optional dinner – do this – its great to meet everyone and its fantastic food, drink and dancing. The cruise offers a $20 euro a day drink package- its well worth getting!!! There wasnt alot of optionals but the City Tour of Athens is good, day trip in Turkey – well worth the money, if you are limited on funds there is ALWAYS something happening on the ship every 30 mins. And you can always eat and drink continually.. Enjoy.

• 4 Jun 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

Boat isnt to bad – Aquamarine, – its probably about 20 years old, the decor is a bit dated, they have refurb the public areas but the rooms are a bit dated, there was also the Cristal same time as us – a bit newer, I think they change between about 5-6 boats.

Rooms are decent size – bathrooms are a step up into and the shower is kind of small,each room has tiolet & shower.

Weather was lovely about 20-30 degrees – not sure I think it gets alot hotter soon – best to check for the time you are going/looking at gng.

Bring jandals/thongs/flip flops – something to flop around the boat in.

Bing a BLUE and WHITE outfit, the always have a Greek night.

• 4 Jun 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

PowerPoints in ROOMS as American/Canadian, they are the 2 thin prongs. Some hallways have European connections. (This is for the Aquamarine).

Always something to do, Language lessons, cocktail making, dance lessons, card games, they have slot machines, a library, board games, pools, you can never be bored..

HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME – I WISH I COULD GO BACK AGAIN!!!

• 24 Aug 2008 Explorer1110715 said

Default_avatar

A few questions regarding money:

1. How much cash did you need to have on you during the entire trip?
    2. What do you NEED to have cash for (credit cards not accepted)?
    3. Where did you have to tip (maid on cruise? tour manager? excursion guide?), and what is the tipping structure in Greece?

Thanks!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion