Community_discussions_small  

Comment

JANUARY 3 , 2009 - Egypt and the Nile

15 May 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder
Gday, anyone booked on this trip?
I hope it does not get cancelled as I have already had one cancellation on my current Eastern Road August 9th tour!
  • 9 Jun 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

i am 25 and my bf is 28, i dont know emmanuel’s age. i got my ticket thru cheaptickets.com and i believe it is with delta..

• 9 Jun 2008 Explorer1090002 said

Default_avatar

Well I’m 26.

I’m arriving in Cairo a day early [2nd] but at this stage am not planning to do much sightseeing before the tour, rather using the time to aclimitise and relax after the long flight.

maggiegw

i think ill be there on the 3rd at 1030ish and the trip begin that nite with dinner so everyone can meet one another. jopefully i will have enough time to get used to the time zone change..
    have you figured out if you are taking a suitcase or a large backpack??

• 9 Jun 2008 Explorer1090002 said

Default_avatar

I will take a suitcase and a small backpack for hand luggage. I must remember to pack light though – I went to Canada last year and filled my suitacse full of clothes that over half of which I never wore! Its better to have less than more – as if you need anything else you can buy it in Egypt.

maggiegw

thats a good point.. i still have no clue as what to bring.. i hope when the time comes to pack that they will send some sort of detailled itinerary.. i was told by another traveler that just came back to only pack for 6 days n that i should have plenty

• 9 Jun 2008 Hannah said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys!
    i’m booked on this trip as well! i’m doing a week in Hong Kong and also 3 and a half weeks in europe beforehand so this is the last leg of my holiday before i head home. My name is Hannah, i’m 20 and im from Queensland. I’ll be travelling solo as well. i can’t wait!

maggiegw

i am so excited to see that iam not the only female going i was starting to get worried..

• 10 Jun 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Hey boys and girls, wow a buzz of activity suddenly! Looks like it is going to be fun tour.
    Someone asked me for my age and I will leave you guessing on that one.. lets just say that I may be the oldest person on this tour :-)
    If anyone is arriving on the 2nd of January we can plan something for that day.
    I also booked my Israel tour today (I will be staying an extra night in Cairo after the tour) which starts on the 13th of January. I head home back to oz after that.
    Maggie, I have been to the lovely state of Ohio :-) whereabouts?
    Emm

• 10 Jun 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Jason , I am flying Singapore Airlines from Sydney , stop over at Singapore and then Singapore Airlines to Cairo. Worked out for me well.

• 10 Jun 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

hey you might not be the oldest, im 25 and by bf will be 29 when we depart and what does age matter it is just a number

• 10 Jun 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

as for my where abouts.. i am at the exact point where WVA and PA and OH touch, really that exact dot.. but i have lived in akron and in washington DC, so i guess i travel all over the USA

• 13 Jun 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Hey Maggie, saw your posts on the thread where the person was bagging out Contiki’s prices compared to the Tucan tour. Very impressive findings. Well done! You aint a lawyer are you? Its good to see I will be travelling with some passionate people who know what they are talking about :-)
    Have a nice weekend, Emm

• 13 Jun 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

well i am not a lawyer yet but i will be stating law school in the near future.. i want to get my LLM in internation law as well as criminal law

• 13 Jun 2008 Explorer1090002 said

Default_avatar

Is anyone getting any vaccinations for this tour? It was something I never really thought about until someone asked me that question at work yesterday. I might ask the question if I visit a doctor between now and then but I doubt if there is an urgent need for anything.

• 13 Jun 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

the CDC recommendations- have your routine vaccinations-mmp, dtp, polio, rabies, tetnus,
    a big recommendation is hep vaccine, but most get hep a and b together, they are a 3 part shot series which you can get a and b together, but it takes i think a month apart for each set of shots..
    malaria is not a risk, not even one the nile
    if you have amy medications you need have a doctors prescription.
    bring iodine tables and portable water filters and a travelers health kit

• 14 Jun 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Hi guys, mmm I didnt even think about vaccinations! My friend just came from Egypt so will ask her for advice and email back. I am going to India in December so I am sure I will
    be vaccinationed (is there such a word!) to the head !

• 25 Jun 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

so we have a little of 6 months b4 we are off to egypt, has anyone got an vaccinations?

• 27 Jun 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Hey Maggie, I will speak to my doc soon. A friend that recently came back from Egypt told me that I would only need the Hep vaccination.

What do you think?

• 17 Jul 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Hey Isis, welcome! If you check up a few pages there are at least 2 others in this thread.
    I am from Sydney Australia and I am just to embark on an Eastern European and UK tour in the next few weeks but I am really looking forward to this Egypt trip which I will follow with visiting Israel.
    The reason why I chose to visit Egypt is pretty simple.. it was once a mighty civilisation and I want to see its history. The reason I chose the contiki Tour was based on feedback from people who had done this tour and I have already been on one contiki tour that I loved.
    Where are you guys from?? I am sure Maggie will write to soon too!
    Regards,
    Emmanuel

• 18 Jul 2008 Explorer1090002 said

Default_avatar

Hi Isis,

I am from Melbourne, Australia. This will be my first Contiki trip. When I was looking at booking my trip I was first looking at Europe, and most of those tours were aroud 20-30 days. I then found the Egypt one and since it was around 10 days it seemed the ideal first Contiki trip to book – see how I like it and who knows, I may book a longer one the year after. And also they name Egypt just springs to mind all those wonderful sites – its an ultimate travel destination and will be great to see before you die. The fact that the accomodation for the Egypt trip was also good [4 star hotels as opposed to hostels] was also an attraction, and also that the proximity of Egypt allows me make a stopover in Dubai on the way back [a city I’ve always wanted to visit as well]
    Looking forward to it!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion