Community_discussions_small  

Comment

JANUARY 3 , 2009 - Egypt and the Nile

15 May 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder
Gday, anyone booked on this trip?
I hope it does not get cancelled as I have already had one cancellation on my current Eastern Road August 9th tour!
  • 18 Jul 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Hey Minette,
    Yes I was guessing from your nick that you would have been into Egyptology. I am arriving the day before the tour and will definetly spend time in the Egyptian Musuem as I dont think we will have enough time during the tour. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
    Emm

• 21 Jul 2008 beckkarpoff said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!
    My name is Beck and I am also going to be coming on this trip too. This is my first Contiki tour but I have heard great things about them. I am going solo, which all my friends tell me is crazy but yet no one wants to join me so thats whats going to happen. Hope to get to know everyone soon.

• 21 Jul 2008 Explorer1107537 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, 19 year old Sean here. Considering coming on this trip.

Need to find out cheapest flight and how much money i’ll need to save since i am just a uni student whose always broke haha!

Contact me at sm7perez@hotmail.com or feel free to add on msn. TTYL

Sean

• 22 Jul 2008 beckkarpoff said

Default_avatar

Hi Minette and everyone else,

I am from a small town in New Jersey in the United States. Does anyone know how many people have signed up for the tour so far? I just booked my trip last night and I can’t wait to get all of my information.

I did notice on some of the post that people where saying they intend on spending around $140 a day. I am still new at the Contiki tours but I have traveled abroad and as long as my lodging is paid for ahead of time I have never need to spend that much money in a day unless I was doing something really special. Is there some coast that I am not aware of to make people want to travel with that much money?
    Talk to everyone soon,
    Beck

• 22 Jul 2008 Dyelley said

Default_avatar

I my name is Dee I am taking this tour March 6th. there are not to many people chatting for those dates yet.. so I have been following this tour dates chat. If you guys have any insight upon your return please fill me in. I too am looking into vaccinations if needed and have not heard about that camera fee. My email is Dyelley@yahoo.com.. Please keep me posted. Happy traveling..

• 23 Jul 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Welcome to the group Beck and Sean!

Beck, first of all, I am also going solo and I sometimes think it is the best thing to do on these types of tours as I promise you that you will make some great friends. In regards to the spending money that was just me being safe. I am probably overbudgeting as we will have a favourable exchange rate but better to be safe than sorry.

If any on you guys have msn add me as emm_martin@yahoo.com.au

Take care,
    Emmanuel (Emm)

• 28 Jul 2008 beckkarpoff said

Default_avatar

Yes I am very happy about the exchange rate it seems that over seas the dollar is not worth much except in Egypt! Have you been on any other Contiki tours?

• 30 Jul 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Hey Beck, yes I have done a Contiki tour of the East coast of the States (Eastern Discovery). Had an amazing time! Made great friends too.. ended up as a best man to one of the guys!
    With Contiki I got a great mix of sightseeing/partying and plenty of free time to do my own thing. You will love it and as I said its fun going solo :-)
    Emmanuel

• 11 Aug 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

hey guys sorry its been so long my computer crashed and dell is taking forever to get it back to me. so i see that there are more ppl coming.. cant wait to meet all of you

• 18 Aug 2008 Truejc2 said

Default_avatar

Hi, all!
    I’m pretty sure I’m going to book this tour. Is anyone still reading this board/thread? I’m going solo, from New York City. Feel free to email me at truejc2@aol.com. I’m trying to decide if I should go to Cairo a day early, etc….

Justine

• 25 Aug 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

quick question, has anyone sent out for the visa-if so what website or company are you using

• 14 Sep 2008 Cricky said

Cricky

I am booked to go on this trip and excited to meet new people as I am traveling solo since my friends can’t afford to go.Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

You can get your visa through a travel agent, at the airport, or you can go to zvs.com. I haven’t gotten my yet but will do in a month or so.

• 18 Sep 2008 SaYcOvIcH said

Default_avatar

and here I am , as Egyptian I welcome all and every one of you in Egypt
    I wish you nice , interesting , outstanding and safe trip in Egypt
    I`m sure you will spend good time here

should any of you have any question, never hesitate and I would be happy to answer them

• 23 Sep 2008 Nguyen said

Default_avatar

Hi all!!!

im a 21 yr old from australia, adelaide. i am thinking about booking this trip. will be a solo traveler and first contiki trip. is this trip guaranteed?

Phuong

• 29 Sep 2008 Drea said

Drea

Hey All!

I am thinking about booking this tour…if it’s even still available. Looks as if there are quite of few of you on this tour already. I’m Andrea, 26, from Canada. I hope to hear from you!

• 30 Sep 2008 beckkarpoff said

Default_avatar

Hi, I just called to get my visa the other day and in the US they told me that you can only apply for a visa 90 days before the trip. So you those of you who are looking to do that I believe the date is Oct 3rd. Can’t wait to meet everyone!
    -Beck

• 1 Oct 2008 Daniel88 said

Default_avatar

Hi all
    Im 20 from adelaide and im thinking of doing this tour with a europe tour. ive just got 2 work out if ill have enough cash 2 do both

Dan

• 2 Oct 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

When I went on the tour a year and a half ago my doctor said i should really have Hep A vaccine (already have Hep B) and suggested Typhoid, but said that wasn’t necessary.

As for spending money, generally things were pretty cheap and a lot of your meals are included so you may not find yourself using too much cash. But the optionals are pretty pricey, but totally worth it.

Egypt is a great tour, have fun and feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Also feel free to read my travelogue about the trip.

• 5 Oct 2008 Explorer1090002 said

Default_avatar

Thanks giraffe girl! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I read you travellouge months ago and it is what inspired me to book this trip. Great work! I noticed yours included a domestic flight within Egypt which is off the itenery now though

• 6 Oct 2008 beckkarpoff said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,
    I just got an update to my flight info and I now have another layover to worry about. I have to say this is the frist time I am traveling overseas alone and I am a bit nervous, is anyone else leaving from the New York area?
    -Beck

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion