Community_discussions_small  

Comment

JANUARY 3 , 2009 - Egypt and the Nile

15 May 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder
Gday, anyone booked on this trip?
I hope it does not get cancelled as I have already had one cancellation on my current Eastern Road August 9th tour!
  • 9 Oct 2008 Truejc2 said

Default_avatar

Hi Beck,

Yes, I’m coming from NY. I actually have a nonstop flight though. There were two of them: one through Egypt Air and one through Delta, which I’m taking. I think it leaves Jan 2 at 3:55 pm from JFK and gets in on Jan 3 at 10:10 am. It’s not much more expensive for a nonstop and it’s a relief not to switch planes…

If you have questions, you can email me at truejc2@aol.com.

Justine

• 19 Oct 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

im on that flight too !!!

• 24 Oct 2008 Explorer1090002 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

I want to take a video camera with me and [abviously] a digital camera. I’m thinking about how I will go with charging the batterys for them in Egypt. I assume a plug adaptor for Egypt is needed. Does anyone know if they are readilly avaliable?

• 25 Oct 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1090002:
    Thanks giraffe girl! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I read you travellouge months ago and it is what inspired me to book this trip. Great work! I noticed yours included a domestic flight within Egypt which is off the itenery now though

Yes, you used to take a flight from Luxor back to Cairo, now it’s replaced with an overnight train trip.

You shouldn’t have any trouble with charging your camera and video camera. The hotel in Cairo has plugs, as does the cruise ship. I’m not sure about the overnight train though. The adapter is the same one that is used for europe.

• 29 Oct 2008 Explorer1115737 said

Default_avatar

Hello Everyone!!! My name is Rosalinda and I will be joining you on this tour. I’m 29 and from the LA area in California. This will be my third Contiki tour!

• 31 Oct 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Looks like its all coming good and we are going to have an amazing group!
    Hey guys, anyone interested in spending some time at the Egyptian musuem on the 2nd?
    My flight arrives around 7 am on the 2nd and am hoping to head into Cairo for the afternon.
    I am getting excited… although not looking forward to immunisation shots :-)
    Emmanuel

• 1 Nov 2008 Cricky said

Cricky

I am arriving as well on the 2nd around 3pm but don’t know what shape I will be in since I will be coming from Boston, MA. I am excited to meet everyone.

• 1 Nov 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

hey everyone another spot just opened up on the tour, my ex-bf cancelled so ill be going alone>> but im sure its gonna be a blast!!!!

• 7 Nov 2008 EmmDownunder said

EmmDownunder

Hey guys, just got my immunisation.. my doctor recommended Hep A/ Typhoid which came in one shot (thank God !)… I am also traveling to India, Israel and Vietnam in the next couple of months and luckily this shot covers all countries.
    Rosalinda, did you get my email regarding my Israel tour?
    If anyone has MSN/Yahoo messenger add me under emm_martin@yahoo.com.au and we can catch up before the trip.
    Have a good weekend!
    Emm

• 15 Nov 2008 MarisaW said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone! I’m Marisa, I’m from California, and will be finalizing my travel arrangements with the travel agent on Monday to go on this tour. I’m super excited! What an awesome piece of history we will all be seeing in just a short while.

Has anyone pre-paid for the optional excursions? Anyone thinking about doing the optional excursions?

• 3 Dec 2008 beckkarpoff said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    excursions?

Marisa,
    When I checked with the contiki travel agent they told me that you couldnt pre-book the tours. Have you or anyone else heard different. I can’t believe that we will all be in Egypt in a month. Hope everyone has a nice holiday see you all soon.

• 4 Dec 2008 MarisaW said

Default_avatar

Hi Beck! And hello again to everyone!

Isn’t it amazing, in less than a month we will be in Egypt!?!? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

When I wrote my previous message, I hadn’t found out from the travel agent yet that excursions can’t be pre-paid, but I know now.

I am so excited. I will be arriving in Cairo on Jan. 1st and am thinking about the possibility about going to Alexandria for a day-trip before the tour begins.

• 7 Dec 2008 Jenn said

Jenn

Hey everyone, I know it’s a little last minute but I will be joining this tour on January 3rd as well. I was wondering if anyone else is leaving from the Southern California area? I’m still considering my flight options with regards to layovers and direct flights so if you’re leaving from the area, send me an e-mail at Fox14319@aol.com. Can’t wait to meet everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 Dec 2008 Cricky said

Cricky

Definitely starting the new year with adventure. I am arriving on Jan 1st as well. Anyone leaving out of Boston, MA?

• 7 Dec 2008 Cricky said

Cricky
    quote:
    Originally posted by EmmDownunder:
    Hi guys, mmm I didnt even think about vaccinations! My friend just came from Egypt so will ask her for advice and email back. I am going to India in December so I am sure I will
    be vaccinationed (is there such a word!) to the head !

An avid traveller. Be safe! They raised the travel warning to India!

• 11 Dec 2008 MandyB said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,

My name is Mandy and I have just booked (late as usual) the Egypt trip leaving on January 3. I’m live in NYC, and I am leaving from NY on the 2nd on an Egypt Air flight, anyone else going out of NYC?

Can’t wait, I am just finishing up my first semester of a doctoral program while working six days a week, so I am very ready for a holiday!

Mandy

• 12 Dec 2008 beckkarpoff said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1119079:
    Hi everyone,

My name is Mandy and I have just booked (late as usual) the Egypt trip leaving on January 3. I’m live in NYC, and I am leaving from NY on the 2nd on an Egypt Air flight, anyone else going out of NYC?

Can’t wait, I am just finishing up my first semester of a doctoral program while working six days a week, so I am very ready for a holiday!

Mandy

Mandy welcome to the trip, I am actually leaving out of Newark airport in New Jersey. Is you flight direct?
    Beck

• 12 Dec 2008 MandyB said

Default_avatar

Hi Beck,

Nice to meet you!

I’m taking a direct flight that gets in on January 3rd at 12:15.

Where do you live? I have been on one other Contiki trip (Greek Island Hopping), and there wasn’t a single person that lived in NYC, so now all my friends are in places I never go, although we still keep in touch.

Mandy

• 12 Dec 2008 maggiegw said

maggiegw

hey everyone its maggie again, im leaving from pitt but flyin into NYC, i leave there on egypt air in the afternoon…
    one quick question how much money is everyone bringing??

• 12 Dec 2008 MarisaW said

Default_avatar

Hi Mandy, I too am on vacation from school. I’ve been in classes since May for my masters degree, and am so ready for vacation!

Maggie, that’s a good question about the money. I was thinking around $400-500 in travelers checks, and then putting whatever I can on credit card to get a better rate… I’m open to suggestions though for what’s the best way to go… more travelers checks, atm, etc.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion