Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Greek Island Hopping Travelogue

18 Jan 2009 wanderlustFL said

Default_avatar
This is a work in progress that I've been slacking on, I've taken a 6 month break, oops! If you're thinking about doing this tour you MUST do it, I absolutely fell in love with Greece and the people I met along the way. Just a warning I have a potty mouth and partied non-stop. Let me know how you like my blog or if you have any questions about the tour. Girls Gone Greek
  • 23 Jan 2009 Luke said

Default_avatar

haha, that was a good read Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> . I have to say you have guts to mention the pissing incidents, I bet most people would be to embarrassed to add that. And it’s funny to read what American’s think of Aussies, I laughed about the part with the song “Land from Down Under” it’s so true.

I am now tossing up if I want to go the Greek Islands back packing on my own or do this tour after my Ultimate European tour. This tour sounds awesome.

• 27 Jan 2009 wanderlustFL said

Default_avatar

Oh the pissing stories are nothing, I have no shame! I left out a lot of good stuff, believe me things got pretty crazy on our trip. I highly recommend the trip instead of backpacking it on your own. Part of what made it so much fun was the people in our group, so yes, it is kind of hit or miss with that. Either way the islands are incredible. Ios was my favorite and I haven’t even gotten to that in my blog yet… it’s a must even if you don’t do the Contiki tour.

• 2 Feb 2009 Kat said

Default_avatar

what an awesome blog!!! i’m doing this tour in july and your stories have made me even more excited about it!! by no means do i consider myself soft but i’m wondering now if i have the gills to survive this tour lol!! what a fabulously wild trip u guys must have had – keep writing i want to hear about ios!! and i would loooove love love to see pictures if u are planning on posting them!

• 6 Feb 2009 Courtenae said

Default_avatar

Wow! I am so glad i decided to do this tour. I can’t wait.
    You’re lucky they didn’t play any Cold Chisel, Midnight Oil or You’re the Voice by John Farnham, then ALL the Aussies nearby would have come out from the woodwork Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Feb 2009 Yen said

Default_avatar

I just booked my trip to the greek islands from June 29th 2009 to July 12. Anyone in this forum going? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Yen

• 24 Mar 2009 ClaireJ88 said

ClaireJ88

waaaah Kat…. we better remember to pack are drinking shoes, cause apparently we need em!
    omg i can’t wait, it’s going to be awesome fun!!!

• 17 Jun 2009 wanderlustFL said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! This week is my one year anniversary since going to Greece Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> I can’t believe how fast a year goes! I have yet to get around to finishing my travelogue, I still haven’t done any entries about Ios. To be honest, the entire 3 days there is blurry except for what I was able to capture in pictures, so not sure how detailed those entries would be anyway. It would pretty much be “today I woke up, began drinking on the beach, drank by the pool, drank at lunch, drank in the shower, drank at dinner, drank until I saw the sun come up, passed out, repeat.”

If anyone is going or thinking about going I still check back here every now and then so just pm me or post in here. Just be warned that I WILL convince you to go on this trip if I haven’t already Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Also, I’m starting a working holiday in Australia in the fall. The link to my blog for that is in my signature below. It should be a wild ride once I get there, so check that out if you liked my crazy Greek stories…I promise the hijinks will continue down under!

• 18 Jun 2009 Katiee* said

Default_avatar

I just read your blog, and i mmust say, your trip sounded awsome! Im leaving for the italian espresso trip in a few weeks and after reading travelogues from everyone, im so antzy to goo!!!

• 30 Jun 2009 brydz05 said

brydz05

Wow your writing skills are great. You captured the whole trip beautifully and make it seem so appealing.

I am looking at doing a Europe trip, but the only one that covers everywhere I wanna go is the 46 day camping trip and I’m not sure if I wanna do that one.

Greece is high on my list, perhaps i’ll just do the greece trip and the Ireland trip..

What part of Australia are you coming to?

• 1 Jul 2009 wanderlustFL said

Default_avatar

Thanks! I’ll be based in Sydney but plan on doing lots of traveling around Oz.

I think the long Europe trips are good for getting a taste of everything and seeing which cities you like best so you can come back later on for a more in depth trip. The good thing about the Contiki Greece trip is you aren’t roughing it like you would be on the camping trip. You stay in hotels the whole time, and none of them are total dumps. The only one that was so-so was in Mykonos, but the pool, beach access and food made up for the crappy rooms.

That being said, I wish I had done one of the weeks long camping or budget trips when I was younger. I don’t think I have the stamina to handle them these days, 2 weeks was enough!

• 29 Apr 2011 Sami said

Default_avatar

Awesome! My friend and I are doing this tour in June! Can’t wait!! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion