Community_discussions_small  

Question

Beaches&Reefs(start Cairns)Aug23-Sep5 2014 anyone?

28 Mar 2014 Michele asked

Default_avatar

Hey! My friend and I are doing the Beaches and Reefs (start Cairns) tour starting August 23, 2014. Just looking to see if anyone else is on this tour or thinking about registering for it! Really crossing our fingers it turns into a definite departure!! If anyone has done this tour in the past, what did you think and any tips?!?

• 28 Mar 2014 Naveenaa Kumar said

Default_avatar

I’ve heard this trip is AMAZINGGGGG and just signed up!! Can’t wait to hear from everyone who is going on it!

• 28 Mar 2014 Flo said

Flo

Hey!

I am booked on the Beaches and Reef tour starting Sydney on 3rd August (few weeks before yours) I cant wait either!! :) Would appreciate any tips too!!

• 28 Mar 2014 Michele said

Default_avatar

Hey Flo!
    That is so exciting!! Have you been able to chat with a lot of people on your tour yet?

• 28 Mar 2014 Flo said

Flo

Yes I have found one other girl on my tour and we chat via facebook which is kl, my tour is a def departure so has to be more people out there somewhere!!

• 28 Mar 2014 Michele said

Default_avatar

How fun! Right now my friend and I are waiting for our departure date to become definite, but as of right now we are the only two people signed into our meet up! And yes more people must be floating around somewhere, especially in your case since it’s definite! Was your departure definite right from when you booked or did it become definite later on?

• 29 Mar 2014 Flo said

Flo

Ah I am sure it will. Mine was definite when I booked. I am also the only person in my meet up, I found the other girl on facebook on the contiki page there. She is doing the city and surf tour that runs at same time as beaches and reef which is 7 days long not 14 days. Might be worth you putting a message on the facebook contiki site and see if other people are booked on dif tours with the same date and place departure. I also know the big walkabout tour starts in Sydney and those people will also be on beaches and reef tour but their tour finishes later as it’s a longer one! Hope this all makes sense! :)

• 29 Mar 2014 Michele said

Default_avatar

No that totally makes sense! it’s comforting to know that you are the only person on your Meetup too! My friend and I were beginning to think that people just weren’t signing up! More people need to hop on these Meetups :)

• 29 Mar 2014 Flo said

Flo

Yes I know they should shouldn’t they? The girl I have met on facebook said that most people book via a travel agents and they never tell them bout this site or meet ups so hence why people people don’t sign up etc

• 30 Mar 2014 Michele said

Default_avatar

Huh, well I guess that makes sense then!

• 30 Mar 2014 yazzy said

yazzy

Hey, I recently also booked the reefs and rainforest for Aug 13 starting in Cairn. I’ll be meeting up with a friend a week before the tour starts and he says that out of all the tours contiki offers this one is a must. So I’m also crossing my fingers the tour is a definite departure.

• 30 Mar 2014 Michele said

Default_avatar

Sweet! Looks like your tour departs a week before ours. Yeah my friend and I are doing some travelling prior to our Contiki departure date so we really need it to become definite! I hear these tours are super popular so hopefully they will fill up!

• 27 May 2014 ashleymarie16 said

ashleymarie16

My friend and I are doing the same tour but not until November 8th…thought the weather might be a little better? Either way I also heard it was awesome and am sooooo excited!!!

• 7 Jun 2014 Michele said

Default_avatar

Ya we thought about the weather too, but we won’t be starting until late August so they will be coming out of their “winter.” We would have loved to have done it a bit later but it just didn’t work out with our schedules! Plus I don’t know that it ever really gets too cold there, especially since we will be coming from Canada where anything above 10C is considered warm haha. I bet you will have perfect weather when you go though!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.