Community_discussions_small  

Question

NEw york explorer; Broadway show?

1 Nov 2008 Ash asked

Default_avatar
Im doing the new york explorer next year and was hoping to c a broadway show on 1 of the nights, do i prebook a show before i go or can you just get tickets when your there?
  • 2 Nov 2008 JimBrayFan said

Default_avatar

That really depends on the show. Very new, very popular shows may be all sold out the day you want tickets for. If there is something you absolutely have to see, I’d order them for Will Call (which means you pick them up with your ID at the box office before the show starts.)

You can always check out the TKTS booth, though if you’re open to more shows.

• 2 Nov 2008 princess19 said

Default_avatar

Lion King, Wicked and The Little Mermaid were amazing!!!! (everyone at the little mermaid was my age- we were reliving our favorite childhood movie…..) Im still SO sad RENT closed =*(

As a native New Yorker I have never bought tickets more than a day in advance. So many shows come and go theres a chance your show will close before you even get there. Unless its something like the Rockettes thats only out for Christmas or a show that is soooo popular like the Lion King was in 1999 that you cant get tickets unless you book them months in advance , I say wait till the day of or the day before and get them at the tkts booth. When I went to NY in Sept. the booth had EVERYTHING. You can also get discount promo codes online and get cheap tickets there. Also check the box office of that show directly- lots of shows do Rush tickets the day of ( front row for 20-20 USD) or give student discounts.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.