Community_discussions_small  

Question

Egypt and the Nile (would you recommend it for couples?)

5 Apr 2009 ContikiTourBirthdayGirl asked

Default_avatar
My fiancee and I are looking at doing the Egypt and the Nile tour in 2010. I've already done a Contiki (London, Paris, Rome) so I know what to expect tour-wise and whatnot. I'm wondering if this would be a nice tour to do as a couple. Would we share a room on the cruise and what about the train ride? It's going to be our honeymoon (a couple were on their honeymoon on my previous tour, they loved it) it's a dream destination for both of us. Another question, what is the age group of most of the travellers and is it more of a party tour?
  • 5 Apr 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

This is probably one of the better tours for a honeymoon. The accommodations are really good (well except the train but it’s not THAT bad). Everything is twin share so you’ll be with your hubby the whole time.

My group of 20 ranged in age from 18 to more then one person over 30, so it was a real mix. We had 10 girls and 10 boys. It’s not a huge party tour – there are some real early mornings (though there is some free time for napping too). The nights on the ship are a bit of make your own entertainment, but the ship staff helps with that. And if you can’t sleep on the train then why not drink in the club car??? It’s a little unique from other contiki tours, but if your group wants to party the opportunity is there.

• 6 Apr 2009 ContikiTourBirthdayGirl said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the advice!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion