Community_discussions_small  

Comment

22nd aug - 15th sept 2010

13 Dec 2009 Rachel E said

Default_avatar
Looking to meet ppl heading off on this tour from 22th aug, 1st trip to europe and can't wait.. just under 8 months now Cool
  • 7 Jan 2010 Nat said

Nat

Hey

My friend i will be on this trip. Looking forward to it. Just need to book it now

• 10 Jan 2010 Rachel E said

Default_avatar

Cool, where are you guys from? Have you booked it yet? Can’t wait

• 1 Feb 2010 Kaitlyn May said

Default_avatar

Hey,

Me and 2 friends are booked on this tour, we are so excited.

• 1 Feb 2010 Nat said

Nat

Hi

We are from Melboure. Yes we have finally booked. We are going to spend 4 nights in London before the tour and the another night after before our flight back home. Can you belive we only have 28 weeks to go???

We cant wait.

I do have some tips. (Just from firends that have done the tour).

1/ They are very strict with the weight of your bag. 20KG
    2/ They dont include your sleeping bag as weight so you might be able to stash some things in there.
    3/ Take the tunnel to the hotel. Everyone says its easy.
    4/ Apparently ther is a duty free shop of the boat that takes us across the channel. Apparently we can by the grog there and take it with us. Just not to sure.

All the best in saving your pounds / euro.

Speak soon

Cheers Nat

• 6 Feb 2010 Rachel E said

Default_avatar

Ahh ok, thanks for the tips! can’t wait to meet u gus in person.. just over 6 months to go Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 15 Feb 2010 clairiebear said

Default_avatar

Hi all
    Myself and 2 friends will be on this tour. We’re from Sydney and will be doing the 8 day tour of Ireland before this tour and afterwards we’ll be doing the rest of england, scotland, plus whatever else we decide on.
    Getting excited.

• 2 Apr 2010 Explorer1175849 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys!

I’m also booked on this tour! Im from Perth and its my first time to Europe…. cant wait!! Ill be there for around 8 weeks all up.

Cheers
    Mike

• 9 Apr 2010 Rachel E said

Default_avatar

4 months and 13 days till the bus departs on our adventure :-) hows everyone feeling about it.. I for 1 am feeling very excited and am so ready for a holiday

• 9 Apr 2010 Explorer1175849 said

Default_avatar

Hey Rachel!

Yeah I personally cant wait! so pumped for it! I think I might even do the croatian island hoping tour before hand! looks prity cool. Yeah I really need a holiday! im stuck with this thesis and hopefully I can get it done before I leave!

Mike

• 12 Apr 2010 Kaitlyn May said

Default_avatar

Is anyone doing Oktoberfest after?

• 13 Apr 2010 Explorer1175849 said

Default_avatar

yeah after the tour ive got 3 weeks to kill! going to travel with my brother for abit (he lives there) then im off to Germany to meet my german mates I met at uni and hit Oktoberfest! should be awsome.

Cheers, Mike

• 28 Apr 2010 Sej said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,

I will be coming on the trip too! From Melb, also first time to Europe. Travelling alone so a little bit scared but very excited! Where in London is everyone staying the night before contiki begins?

• 4 May 2010 Kaitlyn May said

Default_avatar

hey,

Me and my 2 mates we are staying at the Royal National before the tour. You?

• 6 May 2010 Nat said

Nat

Hi Guys

I am now travelling solo due to my friend being made redundent Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> . Im going to be there for four days prior and then 1 day after. Staying at the Royal National.

Sej, when are you flying out of Melb?

Can wait to have a couple of drinks with you all.

Cheers Nat

• 8 May 2010 Hordo said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,

We’re a couple from Sydney doing this trip. We’re staying in South London 4 nights before the tour and at the Royal National after. We’ll hitting Oktoberfest as well. Can’t wait!

Cheers Megan

• 9 May 2010 Sej said

Default_avatar

Awesome i am stayin at Royal National beforehand aswell. We have to all have a drink before we go. I’ll be there for two nights before we head off.

Nat i am flying out of melb midnight Thurs the 19th so i should be at the Royal lateish fri.

im hoping the jet lag wears off pretty quickly! haha! Should be an awesome time! i am very excited…and looking forward to metting all of you! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 May 2010 Kylie28 said

Default_avatar

Hi All

I am doing this tour as well.

I am from Melbourne and I am going to be in London 6 days before the tour and it would be great to catch up with some people in London.
    Looks like the royal national is the place to stay. I am staying there as well.

Just over 3 months to go…getting excited.

Kylie

• 10 May 2010 Rachel E said

Default_avatar

I’m staying at the Royal National too, only for the night before the tour starts :-)

Sej – where’s your stopover on the way? Im leaving on the 19th too – from Brisbane though

Can’t believe how quick its coming around

Rach

• 11 May 2010 Sej said

Default_avatar

Indeed Royal seems the place to be! should be great!

Rach, My stopover is in KL for about 3 hours! not sure what time i get there though. be funny if we happened to be on the same flight. where does yours stoppver?

Also my full name is Shae Hanson if anyone wants to add me on facebook so we can put some faces to names! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I counted 14 weeks before so im pretty stoked!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 May 2010 Explorer1170298 said

Default_avatar

Hi all,

My partner and I are also going on this contiki tour! We have just finalised the booking now! We too are aussies from Melbourne! We have been staying in the Uk for just over a month now! It’s amazing! If anyone needs any advice on anything feel free to ask!

We can’t wait to meet you all!!

Cheers Chloe and Brad

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion