Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Southern NY to LA January 6th 2012 (Travelling Alone)

3 Jan 2011 Madz said

Default_avatar
Hey Everyone,

Thinking about going on this tour on the 6th Jan 2012.

I will be going alone =S and its a bit nerve racking!

I am 24 years old from Brisbane, Australia Smiler
  • 5 Jan 2011 OrchyK26 said

OrchyK26

Hi Madz,
    Im also from Brisbane, and would like to tell you, you are not alone by going by yourself. You’ll find half the bus are solo travellers, i am and its awesome… the moment you hope on that bus you’ll have instant friends and everyone is always so nice and you are all in the same boat…. so to speak!

I have done 7 Contiki tours, and all have been by myself. It may be nerve-racking to start with but they will be soon be eased, dont you worry.

I am actually doing this tour also but I am going in Oct 2011. I hope you enjoy, and dont fret about going alone!!

• 10 Jan 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

Hey Madz,Im 23 from Melbourne,im 90% sure im going on this particular tour probably alone (trying to convince my best mate to come) but either way should be a blast

• 23 Jan 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

Cant arrive in america til after the new year due to work.And im male,looking to book in feb at an expo to save a bit of money

• 16 Feb 2011 Madz said

Default_avatar

Oh cool!
    Well let me know if you do book it, I cant go till after NY’s with my job either.
    And tbh cuz im casual I’ll probably lose my job by going! – eh, I need a holiday!
    I really wanna finish in La and then head up to Vancouver for some snowboarding for a week or so too before I come home to uni..
    Keep me posted on plans! :)
    Madz.

• 21 Feb 2011 Greg85 said

Default_avatar

Hi!!!!

Im booking this tour this Thursday!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait!!!!! Im also doing the New York new year before it :D Im 25 from Sydney Australia :D

Has anyone else booked?

• 28 Apr 2011 Scotty2382 said

Scotty2382

Hi Madz,

Definitely doing this tour (GS Jan 6th 2012). Doing Las Vegas New Year tour first, then will spend a couple of days in NYC before the tour starts. I’m travelling by myself and am 29 from Brisbane. After reading a lot of comments on here, it should be an awesome trip. Are you definitely going/booked?

Cheers,

Scott

• 14 May 2011 GreenExplorer said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys
    My name is Steve I am 32 From The Sunshine Coast in Queensland Just booked my 2nd tour with Contiki.Had a blast last year and now i get to actually do the trip i wanted to do last year.(Did Wild Western last year)
    First up is Las Vegas New Year,followed by New York Explorer then onto the Jan 6th Grand Southern.
    Again traveling by myself,but at least this time i know what to expect.Age is really not a factor,i was the oldest(by 1 lol) on my last tour and it didn’t stop me.Everybody talks and gets to know each other.So you wont get left out.You will have a excellent time,that i know for sure :D
    cheers
    Steve

• 14 May 2011 katodadon said

katodadon

Hello GreenExplorer. Are you doing NY Explorer 3rd-6th Jan 2012? If so, we have a Facebook group set up for it :)

• 20 May 2011 Jennifer245 said

Default_avatar

Hey im Jennifer 26 years old and I will be travelling the grand southern tour on my own. I agree its really nerve racking. Im planning to go at the end of april 2012. anyone have any advice for my first time travelling alone.

• 20 May 2011 Madz said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,

Due to my work situation I cannot go on this tour or anywhere for that matter.
    I’m a late starter at uni with a casual job and have been told i’ll have to re apply for my position if I take more than 4 weeks off.

Have fun guys! Dont forget to ride the tea cups at Disneyland for me! haha.

Madz :)

• 24 May 2011 jac! said

Default_avatar

i’m thinking of booking this one too! by mysel from melbourne australia.. i’m only 20 though so not sure if the not being 21 thing will matter?

• 24 May 2011 GreenExplorer said

Default_avatar

Hi Jac!,
    If you want to be able to go to pubs and nite-clubs then you will have to wait until you turn 21.They are so strict over there its scary.We had a young guy on a tour last year that just drank alone in his room when we went out because he thought being an aussie would get him in,he was wrong and it did spoil his trip.

• 12 Jun 2011 Explorer1259110 said

Default_avatar

My friend and myself will both be on this tour (22 and 23) from NSW…. Should be awesome!!

• 23 Jun 2011 B1bba said

B1bba

Hey Madz,
    I’m going on this tour with 2 of my friends.. we are all 24… from newcastle NSW..
    so many aussies on this tour already.
    we will be in NYC by Christmas Eve.. and then after the tour we have roughly two weeks In LA to do whatever..!
    yay! so excited !!
    Britt.

• 1 Sep 2011 Scotty2382 said

Scotty2382

Hey Janine,

I’m going on this tour alone. I’ve been overseas before, but with family. But to tell you the truth, I can’t wait. This will be my first time overseas alone !! But don’t be scared. Probably more than half of the people of the tour will be travelling solo too !! It’s what makes it more fun, meeting new people and friends !!!

• 27 Oct 2011 Explorer1080676 said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m Jade! 23 from the Central Coast near Sydney. I love and am addicted to contiki tours… this is my 4th! I’ve always travelled alone in the contiki tours alone before and it’s awesome and so not scary on contiki…. you meet new friends instantly! This time I’ll be on this tour with 3 of my friends. We are all staying in New York for a week before the tour and shall def be out partying for New Years and then we’ll be staying in L.A for a week after as well. Going to be awesome! So looking forward to meeting everyone. My facey is http://www.facebook.com/#!/jade.palling if anyone wants to know at least one face and def let me know if you have any sick New Years plans.. we’re trying to still work out exactly what to do on that night!?!?

• 10 Nov 2011 EdreaT said

EdreaT

Hey everyone, I’m going on this tour too! Travelling with my friend (I’m 22, she’s 28). SO excited. I’ll be in the US from mid-December, seeing San Francisco, San Diego and New York before the tour kicks off. Looking forward to meeting all of you in person!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.