Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Getting to Royal National Hotel London

24 Apr 2010 kelly said

Default_avatar
I am wondering what is the best option from Heathrow to the Royal National Hotel? I arrive in London at 10pm on a fri night in July.

Anyone know how much a taxi would cost?
This is my 1st time to London

Thanks
Kelly
  • 24 Apr 2010 Ali & Ben said

Ali & Ben

hi

im going over in june and i am getting transfers from heathrow to the royal national. It will prob be cheaper.

Ask your travel agent!

• 24 Apr 2010 JamesL said

JamesL

I’m not sure how much a taxi would cost, but a much cheaper solution would be to take the tube. Take the tube from Heathrow to the Russel Square station, its on the same line so you don’t have to change trains or nething. Russel Square station is all of a 5 min walk from the hotel. Look it up on Google maps for directions. I think that would be the cheapest and easiest way to get there.

• 24 Apr 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

the Heathrow website says from Heathrow to centtral Lodon around 50-55 Pounds. The tube is just a few pounds.

• 24 Apr 2010 kelly said

Default_avatar

Is the tube safe at 10pm at night? ill be by myself and female…

Thanks

• 30 Apr 2010 likeaflower said

likeaflower

You probably should’ve gone for a flight that arrives in daylight… but I think you’ll be fine on the train, it’s a short walk to the hotel and they have a big map outside the station.
    A taxi is too expensive (around 50 pounds), and unfortunately they don’t do shuttle buses anymore (they canceled the last one just before I got there).

• 30 Apr 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

hi i am going on the great britain and ireland tour in october and i arrive in the morning i have enquired into booking a bus the company is hotelbybus. not sure if they do tranfers that late at night for you though you would have to email them i think it is roughly around 22 pound.

• 3 May 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I took the tube at 9pm a couple years ago and it felt totoally safe, there were quite a few other travelers on the tube with thier luggage too.

• 3 May 2010 Amy Cheverton said

Default_avatar

Hi there
    i am staying at the royal national also and i am going to get the tube from heathrow

i was wondering what line/station i jump on/jump off at??

• 4 May 2010 Katemcb said

Default_avatar

Hi there,
    You get on the tube at Heathrow which is the start of the Piccadilly Line. The Royal National is not far from the Russell Square station which is also on the Piccadilly line. It’s reasonably easy with luggage too.

Hope this helps

• 6 May 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

As Katemcb said… the tube in Heathrow is the Piccadilly line, hop on and ride for almost an hour to Russel Square. Take a left when you get outside of the station and a right when you get to the park. the RN will be on your left about a block up.

There is also a map in the contikipedia.

• 1 Jun 2010 Explorer1155453 said

Default_avatar

Im landing in Gatwick, does anyone know the cheapest way to get from Gatwick to Royal National Hotel?

• 3 Jun 2010 Cianeckford said

Cianeckford

Hi,

I am flying in to Heathrow in just under 3 weeks now, i am going to take the tube. Was just wondering in the Contiki book i have that you need to check in at the Contiki Basement which is open until 8pm i think it said, i dont get into Heathrow until 6.40pm so i wont make it there in time, do we just check in at the normal part of the hotel?

• 4 Jun 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

If you check in when the Contiki basement is not open then you check in at the hotel front desk.

• 4 Jun 2010 AbeL said

AbeL
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1155453:
    Im landing in Gatwick, does anyone know the cheapest way to get from Gatwick to Royal National Hotel?

Take the Gatwick express to victoria station, then take the victoria line one stop to green park and transfer to the piccadilly line until Russell square..

• 12 Jun 2010 Explorer1185249 said

Default_avatar

Im landing in Gatwick as well, I was looking at taking the train to Victoria station and possible taking a taxi from there. Does anyone know how much the taxi would be?

• 24 Jul 2010 Explorer1197020 said

Default_avatar

hey ive been looking at that hotelbybus company too and am wondering if there legitimate cause a few companies are out of business. has anyone used this service before? i am fine with catching the tube but i will be arriving at 6am so i will get the peak traffic and im alone so mum wants me to get like a private service thing. if anyone has feedback would be greatly appreciated Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 24 Jul 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

i have just recently booked with hotel by bus they seem pretty legitimate to me. i just have to see them in the terminal when i arrive and pay when i get there. maybe instead of booking online just email them to book it. they responded pretty quickly with me.

• 27 Jul 2010 Karina said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    When i went last year in May we used a company called Dot 2 Dot, i see from there website that they longer offer there services. They recommend a company called Sky Shuttle. Obviously i can’t vouch for Sky Shuttle but Dot 2 Dot were fantastic.

We found the shuttle service great as it was our first trip overseas for all 3 of us and we weren’t confident with the tube plus we didn’t want to fight trains and people at 8 in the morning. Also when we left and i had 40kgs of luggage i certainly wasn’t battling all those stairs and my luggage at 5 in the afternoon. So yes while the tube is cheaper it might not always be easy :-)

• 29 Jul 2010 AussieEmma said

AussieEmma

Sky Shuttle isn’t in service anymore. After researching the only two I found were the Heathrow Shuttle and Hotel by Bus.

• 17 Apr 2011 Erador said

Erador

Hey Guys thanks this has been a big Help im also landing in Heathrow at 9Pm the previous night before i leave on my contiki, so i’ll be taking the tube to RN..

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion