Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Travel Insurance

25 Jan 2008 Dave said

Default_avatar
Could somebody tell me the cost of Travel Insurance in addition to booking the tour? Also, what is involved with Travel Insurance?
  • 26 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

Hey Dave,

I booked my travel insurance thru contiki, for medical and cancellation insurance it only cost like $145 CND, so it’s cheaper to go through contiki than through anyone else, so I would recommend it because then it makes it less hassle and is just included in the price of your trip.

Trina

• 26 Jan 2008 Explorer1085689 said

Default_avatar

I would highly suggest shopping around with different insurance agencies at home. I am from Canada and my policy cost $75 CAD for two million medical coverage and $10,000 cancelation. You should also insure that your policy covers high risk activities such as scuba diving, bungee, skydiving ect. When shopping around at home I found that policies varied in price between $60 and $150 dollars. More expensive policies had 5 million in medical coverage. My insurance agent said that the company who I went through has never paid out more than one million dollars. My advice is the get the amount of coverage that makes you feel comfortable. If you would feel more comfortable with five million dollar medical insurance, get a more expensive policy.

Hope that helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.