Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Best of USA question

25 Dec 2010 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar
Hi all,

Im no stranger to Contiki. I've done 4 - LA Explorer, & LA to the Bay one year and then the next year I did the Grand Southern and NY Explorer. I loved them so much that my enthusiasm has finally convinced a couple of friends to come with me to the States. The places theyre keen on seeing are the ones this tour goes to. Though I've seen them all before Im more than willing to see them again because theres so much to see and do that I didnt do last time. Anyways...my question is - does the tour manager fly with the contikiers and is the same tour manager for the whole trip or do you get a new one in each city?

Thanks

Aaron
  • 12 Feb 2011 Explorer1233020 said

Default_avatar

Hey Aaron,

Hopefully you can help me out. I have been on a Contiki to Greece and Turkey, but now want to go to the USA with Contiki. I am not sure wether to go on the Northern, the Southern, or the Eastern. Which one is the best and has the more attractions to see?

Thanks for the help,
    Erica

• 14 Feb 2011 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Thanks Michael and Hi Erica,
    I did the LA to the Bay which does the west coast and the Grand Southern which goes cross country down south. Both were excellent. I would recommend both as both have great things to do and see. The grand southern allows you to see more ‘bigger cities’ than La to the bay. If you have the money and time I’d recommend the Grand Southern, but both are fantastic tours to do. I really want to do the Grand northern at some stage too.
    Hope that helps

Aaron

• 14 Feb 2011 Michael86 said

Michael86

Hey Erica,

I did Grand Northern Last year and it was Really Really Good! You get to Visit lots of the big Cities in The USA plus you get to do 3 Cities in Canada. I Would Recommend you Starting in LA and doing Grand Southern, then when you get to NY start the Grand Northern and you should do it back to back, then you will see all the best cities in those 2 tours.

Hope this helps!

• 16 Feb 2011 Explorer1233020 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for the advise. I would love to do it all in one shot, but, unfortunately I do not have all that time to traveljuggling three jobs. I eventually want to tour it all, but for my first one, which direction do you think I should go? Should I tour the south, north or east?

Thanks, Erica

• 17 Feb 2011 Michael86 said

Michael86

I would go for Grand Northern! You get to see lots of The USA plus seeing Canada, but in the end it is totally up to you. its your holiday!
    Michael :-)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.