Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Spotlight on Greece vs Greek Island Hopping

26 May 2010 steph_1984 said

Default_avatar
I have heard a lot of good things about the Greek Island Hopping tour. I am hesitant becaues I would like to see some of the historical sights on the mainland also. I am debating between the 2 tours, also wanting to see the islands!

Any advice??
  • 8 Jun 2010 LorneB said

LorneB

Do the Greek Island hopping. Spotlight on Greece sucks.

• 9 Jun 2010 Shannon735 said

Shannon735

Haha oh Lorne Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

I thought the Spotlight on Greece was too rushed. You get to see the main sights but you also get some really poor tour guides (the one we had in Olympia was especially bad!). You spend a lot of time on the bus, early wake ups (6AM) and don’t get any time to relax. Lorne and I were on the same tour, and I don’t think I even talked to him until the 7 day cruise which we both did at the end of the tour.

When I did the tour last year I told my friends back home that it was a good “intro” to Greece but made me want to go back so I had time to actually enjoy the places we visited. I think Greek Island Hopping would have been a better choice for me because you get to spend a few days on each of the islands. I would just add an extra two or three days in Athens to tour that area if you are looking to see some of the main sites.

• 10 Jun 2010 beebay11 said

Default_avatar

Hi Steph,

I agree with Shannon, although I have no experience with Spotlight on Greece I did go on the Greek Island Hopper which was amazing. To be perfectly honest the best of Greece are the islands, as much as I wanted to see the sights on the mainland the weather was unbareably hot and the city stuffy and dirty. I don’t want to sound snobby, I love cities but Athens just isn’t the greatest of them. My advice is the Greek Island Hopper that way you have a few days in Athens (which is all you need) and then you get to the islands which are to die for. One of the best trips ever, I definitely recommend it. It’s a lot more laid back than many other tours. You’ll have a blast.

• 22 Aug 2010 HA said

Default_avatar

I actually signed up for the Spotlight on Greece tour for September 26, 2010 because I have always wanted to go to Greece. It seems that everybody is saying that it is a bit too rushed. Did you guys see all of the main sights? I wanted to stay longer but vacation from work isn’t that long Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 22 Aug 2010 LadyRainbow said

LadyRainbow

I agree with beebay. Athens is really dirty and full of shady characters, which is a real shame, as it has such great history. The Greek Island Hopping however was AMAZING. I had the best time and each of the Islands are so unique and beautiful in their own way.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.