Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Lunches on tour!

14 Jul 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar
For anyone who's done a contiki, do you tend to eat lunches everyday? They are not included in your meals and I'm just asking as I've heard your mostly too busy to stop for lunch. Is that correct?

I'm not a big eater, so just trying to work out budget!
  • 15 Jul 2010 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Quite a few lunches will be rest stops on traveling days.

- Vic

• 15 Jul 2010 Carly said

Carly

I found on days that you were in the cities, it was a great chance to explore and find the “off the beaten track” kind of restaurants. Use this time to try some food you wouldn’t normally. Eat escargot and creme brulee outside a cafe by the eiffel tower. Have bruschetta in a restaurant in Rome. Eat kebabs with tzatziki in Athens. My best meals were the ones when I found the restaurants while exploring during free time.

• 15 Jul 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Ok great, thanks that helps out heaps! I am doing the winter wanderer tour so I’m hoping its not going to be too cold to do things like sit outside a cafe in paris! fingers crossed.. So you bought lunch most days then? Do you think 100 EURO is enough to budget for per day?

• 17 Jul 2010 Carly said

Carly

Well if its to cold, inside a cafe in Paris will do! haha I did buy lunches most days and they honestly were the best meals I had in Europe. I budgeted about 100 Euro a day and I came home with money. Your most likely not going to spend 100 a day, its more like maybe 35 Euro one day and 110 Euro another.

• 17 Jul 2010 retronym said

retronym

100EUR is plenty. its best to hav more then your not a tight ass and being fussed about what to buy.

Lunches are available every day. sometimes not quite at the ideal time but you always get a food stop at a place good enough to get a good lunch from.

• 17 Jul 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

okay great, thanks guys you’ve helped heaps.. i will budget for 100EURO just to be safe, and if i come back with some that’ll be an added bonus :-) can’t wait!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.