Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Egypt Nov 14

29 Jun 2009 Explorer1141357 said

Default_avatar
Hey! I just booked this trip for November. I am 27, from the States, but living in Spain and this will be my third contiki trip. I am super excited!

Who else is booked?

See you soon,

Katie
  • 27 Jul 2009 DeeTee said

Default_avatar

Hey Katie!

I’m booked on this trip, too. I’m 26 (I’ll be 27 by trip time) and from the states as well. I’m a big time traveller, but this is my first Contiki. I’m crazy excited!

I’m going solo. How about you?

Amy

• 29 Jul 2009 Explorer1141357 said

Default_avatar

Hey Amy!

I lOVE to travel as well and just returned from my first contiki trip (Italy) and had a great time. Yes, I will be solo also and am really looking forwerd to it! Are you on facebook? I am khaydon@global.t-bird.edu.

See you soon!

Katie

• 29 Jul 2009 DeeTee said

Default_avatar

I looked at some of those Italy trips and they looked amazing! Do you have any more Contiki trips planned besides Egypt?

If this one went well, I was going to look into Greece and Turkey. Since I can never find anyone to travel with me (admittedly, I pick random and/or cost prohibitive places sometimes), I figured Contiki was a great way to go- being able to go alone, meeting people in country, and having some sort of guidance rather than wandering around alone.

Anyway, yes, I am on facebook. I’ll friend you!

Amy

• 3 Aug 2009 oceanna84 said

Default_avatar

Hi!

I am booked on this tour as well.
    Im 25 (today!!!) and from Australia. Its my first contiki tour but i will also be doing a European tour while i am over there. I am traveling by myself too.

I can’t wait to meet everyone and see everything.

-Anna

• 3 Aug 2009 DeeTee said

Default_avatar

Hi Anna! Happy Birthday!

This is my first Contiki as well. I absolutely cannot wait.

What European tour will you be doing while you’re there? And will it be before or after Egypt?

-Amy

• 3 Aug 2009 oceanna84 said

Default_avatar

Cheers!.

I am doing the European Inspiration (19 days) which atarts about 2 days after the Egypt and Nile tour. So i will have one or two days in London to do my washing!!.

After that i am thinking of just winging it and maybe traveling around the rest of the UK, or spain.

How long will you be traveling for?

• 4 Aug 2009 DeeTee said

Default_avatar

Wow! That sounds so exciting!

Sadly, I’m only traveling for the 8 days in Egypt. I have very little vacation time from work and must return as soon as possible. I usually try to plan short trips over long weekends, so I don’t miss more than two or three days of work at a time. But, that was kind of hard to do and still be able to see Egypt. So I bit the bullet and booked.

If all goes well on my first Contiki, I’ll book another for sure (I’m thinking the Golden Fleece- to Greece and Turkey), but probably not until next year some time.

• 14 Aug 2009 oceanna84 said

Default_avatar

Im taking two months off work. I would take more if i could, but deadlines etc…
    Becasue i live so far away from everywhere i might as well do as much as i can on each trip.

Greece and Turkey sound excellent but i think i will wait until a nicer time of the year to do those sorts of places.

Three months to go. Whoo!

• 10 Sep 2009 Chilindrina83 said

Chilindrina83

Hi everybody:
    Im thinking on going on this tour as well. This will be my second Contiki tour, last year i did Simply Italy and was wonderful!! I will be traveling by myself as well from the States, Im a little bit scared about travaling by myself to Egypt, but I really want to do this trip. What day are you all traveling to Egypt? Im thinking on traveling on the 11th of november and getting there on the 12th in the evening. Anybody else thinking on doing the same thing?
    Yelitza

• 10 Sep 2009 Chilindrina83 said

Chilindrina83

Im confused, when this tour starts? the 13th or 14th? So that way i will be traveling on the 12th or the 13 th instead of the 11th.

• 15 Sep 2009 DeeTee said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Chilindrina83:
    Im confused, when this tour starts? the 13th or 14th? So that way i will be traveling on the 12th or the 13 th instead of the 11th.

Hi Chilindrina! The tour officially starts on the evening of the 14th I believe- something about an evening “getting to know you” meeting. Forgive me, this is my first Contiki!

Originally I was planning to fly on the evening of the 13th, because Contiki found me a flight that got me there on the afternoon of the 14th- with plenty of time to settle in and rest up before meeting everyone and before starting bright and early on the 15th. However, the flight keeps changing and its getting me in later and later and later. I think I’m going to request they change it so that I fly on the 12th instead and get there the day before the meeting.

For those of you that have done a Contiki (or several) before, do most people arrive the day it starts? Or do they show up early to explore?

-Amy

• 17 Sep 2009 Chilindrina83 said

Chilindrina83

Hi Amy:
    Well this is going to be my second contiki Tour, last year I did Simply Italy and loved it, thats why Im doing another tour with Contiki. Well what I did last year was that I arrived a day before the tour and stayed a day after the tour, which I think is a great idea. I was confused about the starting date on this tour, but when I booked the tour the operator told me the exact date. Im flying from the States and looking at the flights, I havent buy it yet, but Im thinking onleaving on the 12th, arriving to Cairo on the 13th at 19:00, that way I can do the Visa thing, rest and get use to the time change. I already booked the 2 extra nights, with contiki so I will be staying in the same hotel the day before and the day after the tour, which is easier. Well if you decide on leaving on the 12th let me know, so we might can meet up at the airport when we get to Cairo. Im so excited already!!!!
    Chilindrina 83

• 17 Sep 2009 DeeTee said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Well what I did last year was that I arrived a day before the tour and stayed a day after the tour, which I think is a great idea…Im flying from the States and looking at the flights, I havent buy it yet, but Im thinking onleaving on the 12th, arriving to Cairo on the 13th at 19:00, that way I can do the Visa thing, rest and get use to the time change. I already booked the 2 extra nights, with contiki so I will be staying in the same hotel the day before and the day after the tour, which is easier. Well if you decide on leaving on the 12th let me know, so we might can meet up at the airport when we get to Cairo. Im so excited already!!!!

Hi again, Chilindrina! I think that’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to call on my lunch break and see about switching my flights to the 12th and the 22nd. That way I’ll have a day before and a day after to rest up and relax. Makes travel plans much less hectic.

Did you have any difficulty having them book you in the same hotel for the two extra days? I’m hoping there is no issue with that or changing my flights. We’ll see…

• 18 Sep 2009 Chilindrina83 said

Chilindrina83

That sounds good. Well I didnt have any issues when I booked the extra nights, they were $49 each, which I think is really good. Also when I booked the tour I booked the extra nights the same day, the flight I havent buy it yet, cause Im looking every day to see if the prices go down a little bit, since there still some time.
    Hope that you wont have any issues and let me know if for sure you are going to do the same thing as me, so then we can meet up at the aiport in Cairo Red Face<!--graemlin::o-->).

• 1 Oct 2009 oceanna84 said

Default_avatar

I am flying in from London and arriving in Cairo on the 14th at 4:10 pm. This is just what my travel agent has organised for me.

• 6 Oct 2009 abdul kader jamalie said

Default_avatar

hey all – travelling solo -
    please please invite me on facebook
    abdul kader jamalie
    cape town
    south africa

• 6 Oct 2009 Phorjac said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

My friend, Jen, and I are traveling from SF and NYC. We are very excited to go on the tour and meet everyone. We are in our 20s as well. We’ll arrive in Cairo a couple of days before the tour starts and plan to take a day trip to Alexandria and then bum around Cairo before the tour. We are also staying a couple of days after to go to Sharm el Sheik.

4.5 weeks and counting! It’s our first Contiki Tour.

Jackie

• 12 Oct 2009 DeeTee said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    That sounds good. Well I didnt have any issues when I booked the extra nights, they were $49 each, which I think is really good. Also when I booked the tour I booked the extra nights the same day, the flight I havent buy it yet, cause Im looking every day to see if the prices go down a little bit, since there still some time.
    Hope that you wont have any issues and let me know if for sure you are going to do the same thing as me, so then we can meet up at the aiport in Cairo Red Face<!--graemlin::o-->).

Well, I ran into a few snags and wasn’t able to book any extra days. But, I did change my flight to a much cheaper direct flight that will technically allow me to be there longer. Now, I’m coming in on the 14th Nov, early evening and leaving very early morning on 22nd Nov.

I’m still hoping to be able to coordinate a hotel transfer though Contiki- at least for the 14th. I have to call them up and see if they can arrange something.

Only a month now! Definitely getting excited.

• 17 Oct 2009 John said

John

hey all,

I almost didn’t make this tour, was looking at this date for a while and waited too long and saw it sold out Thursday Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> . BUT I looked today and saw it was available again so I got lucky!! My name is John, im 27 from Canada. This will be my 2nd contiki this year… can’t wait.
    See everyone in a little less than a month.

• 20 Oct 2009 Chilindrina83 said

Chilindrina83

Hi everybody, I just bought my plane ticket and I will be arriving on the 13th around 1 pm and will be leaving early on the 22nd. If there’s anybody that will arrive before the tour start, let me know so we might meet up over there. Like I said before Im traveling by myself and this will be my second contiki trip, im very excited. Looking forward to meeting you all.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion