Community_discussions_small  

Question

smoking!???

9 Aug 2006 miraclepie asked

Default_avatar
So I'm planning on going on the Russia/Scandi tour in about a year (August 2007).

My hometown & University city don't allow smoking anywhere indoors (including clubs).

I know this isn't the case in Europe as I was there in 2000 w/ my mom. But...

How is it dealing with the smoking there; including the streets & the clubs? Did you have to wash your clothes everyday because of it? Do people on the tour smoke? How does it affect it?

Thanks everyone! Smiler
  • 9 Aug 2006 Sarah Smiles said

Default_avatar

I am very sensitive to smoke and was not affected by it too much while on tour (I did the Euro Vista tour last year). We did have smokers on my tour, but smoking is not allowed on the coach and as long as your roommate doesn’t smoke (or is considerate), there won’t be any smoking in your room either. We spent quite a bit of time outdoors where the smoke doesn’t bother me as much and I don’t recall people smoking inside of churches or museums. I actually get sick (allergies and asthma) if I am exposed to too much smoke and I was fine on my tour so you shouldn’t have to worry about it too much Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Hope that helps!
    Happy Travels!
    Sarah

• 10 Aug 2006 ptooma said

Default_avatar

My Spain & Portugal trip was freaky … 40 ppl and no one smoked !!!

- Vic

• 10 Aug 2006 miraclepie said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the responses!

I have been to Europe before, but only Western Europe and I was only 14 so I didn’t go to the bars or anything. I was just thinking about that the other day so I thought i’d ask. Also I thought Russia might be a bit worse, and then I’m hoping to go around Eastern Europe a bit.

Thanks again.

• 19 Feb 2007 Rachelh said

Default_avatar

From 1st July you’re not allowed to smoke in pubs/ clubs in England anymore. So from July no smelly clothes after going out in England Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->.
    In the rest of Europe smoking in club/pub is still allowed i think.
    though you can’t smoke in public places like museums etc .
    Taking febreeze sounds like a good idea..
    THanks!!

• 12 Mar 2007 fiona-2007 said

Default_avatar

I am a non smoker and I am VERY sensitive to smoke.

So smoking in pub is not allowing in England from 1 July 2007. Does this apply to all pubs and clubs? What are the situations like at rest of the Europe, is smoking still allowed? Are they really smoky?

In some hotel room (especially the carpet ones), if someone stay there before you smokes in the room, it leave a very strong smell. What will be a good produce to use to get rid the smoke smells?

Thanks in advance.

Fi

• 13 Mar 2007 Nikki83 said

Default_avatar

People…people relax.

Im a smoker and very considerate of people around me. If I want a smoke I will move away from others (a bit unsociable in that sense but you get let filthy stares) – as for clubs etc western europe like it or not EVERYONE smokes! They dont care if you have sensitive skin, or asthma. Majority of people smoke at restaurants when others are trying to eat (not me)!

If you share a room with someone that smokes Im pretty sure they will have the decency to step outside…if not kindly ask them not to smoke in the room.

Thanks,
    Nikki

• 25 Apr 2007 Josh B81 said

Default_avatar

I am a smoker and also somewhat considerate and will move away if need be however also like it that if I am considerate about moving away or outside when smoking that non-smokers are considerate back and dont winge about smoking too much

• 25 Apr 2007 Chris_V said

Chris_V

you should give up smoking for your trip because you would save more cash . that you can speand on food and beer

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion