Community_discussions_small  

Comment

LANGUAGE BARRIERS!

23 Nov 2009 Miss T- Lea said

Default_avatar
Experienced Contikkians, what is your opinion on learning the langauage of one/some of the countries before you go?Do you think it makes a difference?Or doesn't it really matter?
I've signed-up to learn basic French before I go, and I'm wondering if its worth it or not...
  • 23 Nov 2009 NaHdz said

NaHdz

I love learning new languages so I always try and teach myself a few helpful phrases..’I don’t understand’ ‘do you speak English?’ etc it just makes you seem less arrogant when you need to ask a local for something..they are alot more helpful when you make an attempt rather than just assume they speak English. Having said that it’s not really necessary to spend money on a course. Its very easy to teach yourself, find a site on the net that ‘speaks’ to you and then just copy what they say :-D

Good luck!

• 24 Nov 2009 aymeh! said

Default_avatar

Learning a few phrases before going is all you need…please, thank you, excuse me and do you speak english usually get you through i wouldn’t bother taking a course you really aren’t over there long enough to need to know a language fully.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.