Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Legal Age in America

16 Nov 2008 ogre867 said

Default_avatar
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of a tour to either America or Europe. I would love to go to America, but the legal age over there is 21. I am 18. That means I can't drink, gamble to go to clubs.
I am planning on a Grand Southern then a couple of days in New York
Do you think it is still worth going?
  • 16 Nov 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

if doing things like drinking and gambeling are the only reason you want to go to the states, and you think will be the only way you can have fun then wait until your 21. Which I think is totally silly! You don’t have to do those things to have fun. Otherwise if you are there to actually see the sites and enjoy yourself without drinking then go while you are 18. If your priority is clubs and drinking then wait. Figure out what your priority is but there have been many under 21ers on tours and they seem to all have fun.

Do some research see if there are any under 21 places in the areas you are going.

• 18 Nov 2008 Jules said

Default_avatar

haha and if we’re talking ‘america’ technically, the legal age is 18 in alberta and quebec and 19 in the other canadian provinces, so you could definitely just go north of the border Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Nov 2008 said

Default_avatar

Being that the grand southern doesn’t hit north of the boarder, dont think Alberta or Quebec are options.
    If this will be the only time you ever come to NA id say wait a few years so you can at least enjoy it to its fullest.
    You can and would have loads of fun on tour even if you couldnt party, but I dont know, Vegas underaged just seems boring lol

• 27 Nov 2008 Charltz said

Default_avatar

hey even if ure main priority isnt to go out get drunk, having already experienced the grand northern I would recommend waiting unti you turn 21 to do this tour. Then even if u dont want to go out and drink u can still go out to nightclubs and dance and hang out with tour mates.

If it worries you going to vegas without being 21….dont let it worry u too much as there are MANY things to keep under 21s occupied.

If you would like any other advice or have ANY questions at all feel free to ask

Peace out

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion