Community_discussions_small  

Question

Weather in November - Warmer clothes?

14 Jun 2008 Tracie asked

Tracie
I'm doing the grand explorer in Nov and was wondering what the weather is like than
How much warm clothes will i need to take? Should i just take like one jacket and buy stuff over there if i find that it is cold.
How strict are they that you can only have one bag under the bus on the NZ tours...last year in the US i was able to have 2 bags under the bus because if i take warm clothes they take up more space in the bag
  • 14 Jun 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

Hey Tracie, good idea on bringing just the one jacket then buying more stuff if you need it. Not usually that cold in November but it can be wet. Mind you what I think might be warm could be what you thinks cold. Can’t help you with the bag info sorry.

• 14 Jun 2008 Tracie said

Tracie

Thanks…yeah my idea of cold is prob different to most as i’m in a fairly warm climate in Aus but i think i’ll just buy stuff over there that way i have new stuff when i get home. I’ll make sure that i have an umbrella for the wet whether thanks

• 16 Jun 2008 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

hey I live in Auckland and depending where you’re going on the tour, November shouldn’t be too cold. November is the last month of Spring, right before Summer so I wouldn’t worry about big, heavy duty coats or jackets. Layering is probably your best option- a t-shirt, jersey and maybe jeans will probably be fine. however, it’s colder down south so yeah, depends where ya heading. google it.

• 22 Aug 2008 ashlie said

Default_avatar

Hi tracie,
    Im doing the grand explorer in nov also. what date are you leaving and from where?
    im starting Auckland nov 30. finishing c/church.

• 2 Sep 2008 amf2007 said

Default_avatar

Hi Tracie,

I’m not too sure about the North Island, but I did a Contiki in the South Island in November last year and we had the most amazing weather! It was sunny and fairly warm every day, we didn’t get one drop of rain. Our Tour Manager did say it’s the best weather he’s had on a tour in ages though so you might not be as lucky! We were practically wearing summer clothes the whole time.

One thing to keep in mind is that the sun in NZ is a lot harsher than what it is in Australia so don’t forget to wear sunscreen everyday!! Because the sun is harsher it also feels a lot warmer than what it is.

In a couple of the places we went to it got a little chilly at night so taking a jacket would be a good idea!

Andrea Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.