Community_discussions_small  

Question

Road to Athens Aug. 21?

20 Mar 2008 lady_o asked

lady_o
I could not be more excited right now! Can't wait for my first trip to Europe! Anybody else going on this trip?
  • 20 Mar 2008 Explorer1093854 said

Default_avatar

I assume you are talking about Road to Athens on the 21st of August 2008? If so, I am also going to be on this trip!

• 14 Apr 2008 lady_o said

lady_o

yes, that’s the one. can’t believe it’s only four months away! seems like I’ve been anticipating forever though! looking forward to meeting you! =)

• 19 May 2008 Explorer_9224 said

Default_avatar

Hey Girls! My friend and I are also going on the trip- hopefully some more people sign up for it in the next couple of weeks so it’s guaranteed to go!

• 22 May 2008 lady_o said

lady_o
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mandy_9224:
    Hey Girls! My friend and I are also going on the trip- hopefully some more people sign up for it in the next couple of weeks so it’s guaranteed to go!

I saw in another post somewhere that a very SMALL percentage of the people in your tour actually participate in the forums, so we probably won’t “meet” that many in here, but doesn’t mean there isn’t a bunch of people in the tour already! can’t wait!!! =)

• 27 May 2008 Sara25484 said

Default_avatar

I can’t see a trip leaving on Aug 21st so i’m presuming you mean the one on Aug 23rd??? If so see you then!

• 28 May 2008 lady_o said

lady_o

There is a Road to Athens tour that leaves Aug. 21. London to Athens leaves Aug. 24—is that what you’re thinking?

• 1 Jun 2008 Explorer1093854 said

Default_avatar

Road to Athens leaves London on the 23rd of August and arrives in Athens on the 6th of September. At least that is the tour I am booked on!

I really hope this is a guaranteed departure, I don’t want to have to make changes now!

We are also doing the Golden Fleece cruise leaving Athens on the 11th of September, anyone else doing this?

• 2 Jun 2008 lady_o said

lady_o

lol I think it’s our perception that is tripping is up. I say 21st you say 23rd—the same thing. =) I’m considering the moment I get on the plane to be the start of the trip. you’re considering the moment we join the group to be the start of the trip—we’re both correct =)

• 13 Jun 2008 lady_o said

lady_o

are any of you staying an extra day in Athens? was told the optional excursion is in the afternoon and most flights leave that morning so they recommended staying an extra day.

• 17 Jun 2008 Suanne_&_Roy1103094 said

Default_avatar

Hubby (35ish) and I (30ish) are Booked on Road to Athens leaves London on the 23rd of August and arrives in Athens on the 6th of September.

Then 7th Sept Greek Islands.

Dept from Sydney checking out London for a couple days first and to allow for jetlag.

Looking forward to it! First trip for both out of Aussieland.

• 22 Jun 2008 Sara25484 said

Default_avatar

My partner (26) and I (24) are on this tour. We are from Christchurch NZ and it is also our first time out of NZ (well apart from going to Australia!). We will be in London for a week before Contiki and then cruising the Greek Islands afterwards and then onto Vienna, Prague and Munich for Oktoberfest! Bring it on!

• 26 Jun 2008 Explorer1093854 said

Default_avatar

I am glad to hear that there are some other couples on this trip! I was worried that my husband (23) and I (25) would be the only couple.

Re the date – the trips on the 21st and the 23rd are the same trips, spoke to people at Contiki who confirmed this!

We are doing the Golden Fleece after this trip, from the 11th to the 19th. Anyone else doing this?

• 26 Jun 2008 lady_o said

lady_o

ok, now I’M worried that I’ll be the only single person! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Jun 2008 Explorer1093854 said

Default_avatar

Lol! I am sure there will be heaps of single people. Are you traveling alone or with a friend? As far as I can tell there are always a few people traveling alone on Contiki.

• 29 Jun 2008 Suanne_&_Roy1103094 said

Default_avatar

Can confirm all good to go as of 17th of June definately 30 people which was the confirmed minimum.

Dear Lady_O, Single on tour just means you don’t have to consult with any one else for what you want to do in your free time. You will have a great time!

Besides you will find others wanting to do/see some of the same things in free time so anyone is heading in the same direction then cool lets share a cab and enjoy the day.

Currently trying to find out how to get tix for the Louve in Paris to do the Master Piece’s tour (1 1/2 hours). Not sure about Sistine Chapel as been advised the line for tickets and entry takes hours.

Any thoughts?
    Cheers
    Suanne

• 30 Jun 2008 lady_o said

lady_o

VERY relieved about the confirmation! thank you susanne! wasn’t worried about the single thing until everyone started writing about coming with someone so I got paranoid! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> not sure about the Louvre, not sure if I want to go inside or jur take pics outside.

• 2 Jul 2008 Explorer1093854 said

Default_avatar

I would be interested in knowing how to pre-purchase tickets for the Louve Mater Pieces Tour, so if anyone finds out please post it on here!

I am totally looking forward to this tour, and I am very happy to hear that it has been confirmed! I just got a list of the hotels for this tour too, so if anyone wants it email me at steph_andreassen@hotmail.com

• 3 Jul 2008 Explorer1105470 said

Default_avatar

I would be interested in getting a list of the hotels. Would it be possible for you to e-mail it to brett@disher.com.au?

• 6 Jul 2008 Sara25484 said

Default_avatar

I would love a list of the hotels as well. Would you mind emailing it to me at sara@enterprise.co.nz. Thanks very much Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 Jul 2008 Suanne_&_Roy1103094 said

Default_avatar

Hi Steph,
    If you can please forward the hotel list to us as well. misme@hotmail.com & ssykes@hutchison.com.au.
    Thank you
    Suanne

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion