Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Highlights - Sep 24th

19 Feb 2010 Explorer1170033 said

Default_avatar
Hey guys just interested to see how many other people are booked on this tour??
I cant wait!!!
Hopefully hear back soon!!!
  • 21 Feb 2010 Majella said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    We paid our deposit for this tour a couple of weeks ago. I’m really looking forward to it!It’s going to be fantastic! It’s our first time to Europe, so I’m really excited.

• 28 Feb 2010 *Aussie Gal* said

*Aussie Gal*

Me me me! I’m coming on this tour!!! I am hopefully paying the deposit this week! I’m absolutely over the moon super dooper excited…lol. My sister is coming with me! We can’t wait!!!!

• 28 Feb 2010 *Aussie Gal* said

*Aussie Gal*

Ok guys, seeing as we’ll all be getting to know each other, lets talk about things we need to do.

I read somewhere on the site that we will need a sleeping bag, as this is a ‘concept’ tour. Are you going to bring your own from Oz, or buy one at the Contiki Basement before the tour starts?

If you’re bringing one from Oz, does it count as luggage on the flight?

• 1 Mar 2010 *Aussie Gal* said

*Aussie Gal*

New question:

When travelling on our tour, will we be dropping our luggage off at our hotel/village/hostel before deaparting on daily tours?

• 6 Mar 2010 Majella said

Default_avatar

Hi

We’ll be taking our sleeping bags with us from Oz as we are doing a four day camping tour prior to the Euro Highlights tour on Sept 24.

I read that sleeping bags don’t count towards your luggage limit as far as the Contiki bus goes, but I would assume that it would if you were checking it in when flying.

I’ve been looking at ones that pack down really small and only weigh about 800g. I haven’t got a lot of experience with sleeping bags, but I’m guessing it would be a bit of a mission to get it back into the compression sack each morning.

I’m also wondering what temp rating we would need for Europe in Sept/Oct?

• 29 Apr 2010 Dobbo23 said

Dobbo23

Hi fellow travellers!

My housemate David & I are booked for the Sep 24th trip which I see in the trip listings is now booked out! It’s both of our first trips out of Australia, I’m sure we’ll have the time of our lives.

Can’t wait to meet you all.

Adam

• 1 May 2010 Explorer1180261 said

Default_avatar

Hi All

My Brother and I will be there – haven’t been overseas either so really looking forward to it! See you in September!!!

• 10 May 2010 Explorer1172248 said

Default_avatar

Hey theres a facebook page for ppl going on sept 24th hightlights tours the link is

http://www.facebook.com/home.p…=365033816970&ref=ts

• 19 May 2010 Explorer1172248 said

Default_avatar

http://www.facebook.com/home.p…=365033816970&ref=ts

if your going on the tour please join the facebook group so we can all get to know one another before hand
    :-D

• 19 May 2010 *Aussie Gal* said

*Aussie Gal*

Lol…that’s the group that I started…hehe!!! Who are you out of the 12 already on there? Then I can put a face to the name Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion