Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Southern May 14th

11 Nov 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar
Hey just wondering if anyone else is booked into this tour for this date, im solo traveller and am planning on spending a week in anaheim before the tour to do disneyland and stuff, would be interested in meeting up with other travellers so i dnt have to go alone on the rides.
  • 12 Nov 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

Moving thread to meeting place

Posting in the “meeting place” section of the website is the best way to find tour friends – the advice section is just for travel advice!

There’s a massive thread in the MP about May travellers so check it out!

• 15 Nov 2008 Explorer1115381 said

Default_avatar

Hey there, my name is Hayley and i am also planning on doing Grand Sothern strating May 14th May.
    Really looking forward to it. also going to stay on after in NYC and prob have some time in LA prior to the trip. Really want to Disneyland and all those exciting things.
    I am also looking at doing a few other tours at the same time.
    Where are you both form?

• 15 Nov 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

Its so good to finally see that there are other pple going on this tour, it looked like every1 was going on the may 28th trip. Im 21yr old aussie, its my first trip without my parents and im going alone so a bit nervous but i cant wait. Im arriving 5days before the tour starts so i can spend 3days at disneyland, ive been there b4 and u need that long if your like me and love themeparks, i am also planning on a day trip to san diego seaworld. After the tour im heading onto the north by north east.

• 15 Nov 2008 Explorer1115381 said

Default_avatar

How exciting to finally hear from someone on the same tour…And an Aussie to.
    I am also from Oz, live in Sydney and am 27.
    I have done a bit of travelling with my friends but never gone alone before so yes, it is a little scary.
    It sounds like a lot do it though, and enjoy it.
    I am prob going to have a few says in NYC to check it all out and then possibly do anither tour. I am trying to decide on doing something like the Grand Northern or NBNE, or weather to head over to Mexico for one of the tours there.
    So where are you based in OZ?

• 17 Nov 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

Im from bundaberg, up in Queensland, bundy rum… At the end of the grand southern im booked in 2 do the new york explorer, it was more cost effective and being on my own i thought that a group setting wld be better. I was going to do the grand northern but chose the NBNE for money reasons, im hoping to go contiki europe in 2010 if i like this trip, so i had to sacrifice the longer trip to save a bit of money. How long are you planning on being in LA before the tour starts? Maybe a group of us on the tour cld do disneyland 2gether, going on rides alone is a bit of a bummer.

• 20 Nov 2008 Explorer1115381 said

Default_avatar

I think i am actually going to have about 3 weeks in LA before the trip.

I am planning on doing the Wild western tour before GS and may have a friend coming over there for a few weeks. If not i will probably fit another small tour or something in between.

It would be great if we could meet up before we head off anyway.

I def agree that Disneyland alone would not be the best.

I want to do Universal Studio’s also.

I really am looking forward to it all.

• 21 Nov 2008 Bevan153 said

Bevan153

Hey I’m Lizzie, I’m just about to book this tour for these dates, I’m 19 from england and traveling alone! a bit scared but i was also interested in spending a few days in LA beforehand and possibly doing the new york explorer aswell afterwards. i would def be interested in the disneyland trip! you’re right i think rides alone would be a bit lame!

• 21 Nov 2008 Bevan153 said

Bevan153

hey i found a facebook group= type in grand southern and you will find our tour on the first page! everyone join!

• 21 Nov 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

Its so cool 2 hear that more pple r going and that every1 is a solo traveller, i can be quite shy but if every1 in the same boat being alone itll be easier. Have you done any travelling b4 Lizzie,im a bit scared as well but i think im more scared about arriving in LA alone than anything else. Im arriving on the 8th and doing a day trip around LA on the 9th and a day trip to seaworld on the 10th and disneyland 4 the next 3 days. Im staying at the contiki hotel 4 the whole time its easier 4 me that way.

• 21 Nov 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

I joined the facebook group.

• 22 Nov 2008 Explorer1115381 said

Default_avatar

How com ei can not find the Facebook group. I typed in “grand southern” did not see one there for may14th 09 tour…??

• 22 Nov 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

I had the same problem, You have to go to the groups icon and type it in. Theres 2, join the 1 with the most members. Have you figured out if/what other tours u r doin yet?

• 23 Nov 2008 Explorer1115381 said

Default_avatar

Yeah, figured it out i just have to pay deposit on it all.
    I want to travel for about 3 months so i am doing a few…
    Starting with Wild Western in April then doing the Grand Southern, after that have a little bit of time in NYC and then doing North By North East. i still deciding wether i will do a mexico tour after that or not.
    Are you doing any more?

• 23 Nov 2008 Bevan153 said

Bevan153

that sounds expensive but awesome!! im working up until march and then im going on a 3 week tour around europe, then gonna come back home before flying to LA around the 9th! im so excited, scared though!

• 24 Nov 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

Im just doing the grand southern, new york explorer and north by north east all straight after each other. Fly outta US same day north by north east finishes. I wanna go do europe in march 2010, hopefully i have money by then to do that 2. My brother went to mexico not with contiki but he really liked it.

• 13 Dec 2008 Alex2008 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m Sarah, 23, from Sydney. I am also just about to book this tour! It sounds great. I am also planning to stay at the Best Western (Contiki) accomodation for 2 nights prior to the tour starting and also staying for another 3 nights in NY after, hopefully also in the Marrakech Hotel where I plan to hop on and off the sightseeing bus around town for the next 3 days or so at my leisure. After this I am thinking of heading up to Boston (either by train or bus??) for 3 nights to have a look around before flying back to LA then home to Sydney.

I’m also interested in meeting up before the tour in Anaheim should it fit in with people’s plans and also to hang around in NY with anyone else who would like to explore!!

To me, May cannot come quick enough!!!

• 27 Dec 2008 zippy8282 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lisa and I’ve just booked to go on the Southern Adventure starting May 14th so will be on this tour with you all until New Orleans. I will be travelling alone & and will also be doing the Wild Western beforehand. Would be great to meet up with anyone before the tour starts in L.A. My email addy is zippy8282@hotmail.com

Lisa (Sydney Aus)

• 27 Dec 2008 Explorer1114839 said

Default_avatar

hey everyone im brittany from melb 22 doing contiki then going to work at summer camp. doing this tour but from may 26th hopping on at new orleans to new york. cannot wait. did contiki europe this year and had such an awesome time. if anyone wants to email me or add to facebook my email is britty1986_2005@hotmail.com
    also whats ppls plans after tour?? im in new york for 7 days and looking to see if anyone is booking hostels cant really afford to stay at the contiki hotel for a week lol. anyways cant wait to chat with u guys Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Dec 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

The more pple that comment on here the more excited i get. I’ll be in LA for 5 days b4 the tour starts and am interestd in meeting up with pple while im there. Ive already booked a stars home & shopping tour as well as a san diego seaworld tour getting picked up from hotel and then just disneyland for 3 days. If every1 is on facebook we can chat on there

• 8 Jan 2009 zippy8282 said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,

I’m Lisa and will be on this tour doing the Southern Adventure until New Orleans. I’m doing the Wild Western just before this tour alos. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Lisa.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.