Community_discussions_small  

Comment

RTA July 1-17

13 May 2007 keerah said

Default_avatar
Anybody booked for the RTA tour departing July 1 (starting in London on July 3)???
  • 16 May 2007 NIKSaus said

Default_avatar

hey im booked on that tour too.i cant wait!

• 16 May 2007 keerah said

Default_avatar

aww yay thats awesome!!
    have you ever been on a contiki tour before?
    this is my first one. im going to
    university in france 4 weeks before the tour so
    it will be a wicked way to end my trip!
    where are you from??

• 17 May 2007 NIKSaus said

Default_avatar

hey that sounds awsome. yeah its my first contiki holiday too. im travelling by myself from australia. what about u?

• 17 May 2007 keerah said

Default_avatar

really, australia? thats so cool! my cousins are living there right now just outside of ballarat! im travelling alone too, from canada.

• 18 May 2007 NIKSaus said

Default_avatar

thats awsome, i know where that is… its like a 2 day drive from my house lol. im so excited i cant wait to pack hehe

• 18 May 2007 keerah said

Default_avatar

2 day drive, seriously? haha well at least you’re closer than i am! I KNOW im soo excited to pack too…kinda crazy i leave for france 2 weeks from today! (June 1). After im done school I think i get into London on July 2 in the afternoon sometime. Its gonna be so hard to pack for 7 weeks and be under that weight limit haha eek!

• 19 May 2007 NIKSaus said

Default_avatar

i know im so scared about the weight limit cause i dont like leaving anything behind…just incase… lol. what are u going to study in france? that sounds like fun. yeah im getting into london on june 29 so i can spend a few days looking around first. r u spending anytime in athens after? i think im staying an extra 3 days.

• 20 May 2007 keerah said

Default_avatar

Im doing my elementary education degree at University of Alberta here, and french is my minor, so im taking 2 french classes there. Its gonna be crazy cause im staying with a host family…so that should be interesting haha. Yeah im staying one extra day in athens, mostly just cause of the way flights worked out. If i wanted to fly out the 17th i would miss the tour of the acropolis and stuff so i didn’t want to miss that. I fly out the 18th sometime. At least it gives me an extra evening! 3 days is sweet i kinda wish i was staying there longer! Greece is going to be sooooo nice!

• 22 May 2007 NIKSaus said

Default_avatar

that sounds like fun. yeah i know i cant wait, cept 2 of my friends r over there now and their still wearing jumpers lol so hopfully it warms up in the next couple of weeks cause i was only going to take summer clothes.

• 23 May 2007 keerah said

Default_avatar

haha well i leave next friday so if i have access to a computer (im sure i will) i’ll give you a shout and let you know how the weather is! Im taking mostly summer clothes though, just a couple sweatshirts and 2 pairs of jeans probably. You can always layer if its cold haha. Even if its cold there now though our tour is still a full month away…so there is lots of time for the weather to get warm!!

• 24 May 2007 NIKSaus said

Default_avatar

haha yes thats very true. that would be awsome, i was thinking the same for clothes. were moving into winter and it still feels like summer, so im going to have next to no winter this year lol. a month still feels like forever away!

• 28 May 2007 keerah said

Default_avatar

Yeah, a month seems so far away… i leave in 4 days though haha so im totally excited!I haven’t really been on the computer cause im so busy trying to get everything ready!! I was looking at the weather for Greece and stuff and its 30Celcius there right now…so thats wicked. We’ll get nice tans! Only 16Celcius in Paris right now haha, hopefully it warms up by Saturday!!

• 3 Jun 2007 NIKSaus said

Default_avatar

yeah ive been watching the temps too and there getting warmer yay. hows uni? what hotel are u staying in at london before the tour? im staying at the royal national. i got all my tickets the other day .. its feeling real now lol.

• 6 Jun 2007 keerah said

Default_avatar

its crazy hot here in france, no worries you should definitely bring summer clothes! paris is amazing, its so breathtaking!!! you are gonna love it here!! yeah i am staying at the royal national too i think so thats cool. i get into london before noon so i will just be chillin in the contiki basement probably if thats the hotel that its in. i know, the tickets are so exciting and there is nothing english here to read haha so i have pretty much been reading that contiki book every other day haha. uni is good….so busy though! ill check this every so often, so keep in touch!!

• 14 Jun 2007 NIKSaus said

Default_avatar

thats awsome i was starting to think we were the only ones… lol. when r u getting into london? not long to go now!

• 14 Jun 2007 Stephanie said

Default_avatar

Hi guys! I’ll also be joining this tour. I’m 18 and I’ll be going alone from Toronto.
    Sooo excited!!

Btw, keerah, I speak fluent french (that is, Quebec french tho).lol. But anyways, you’ll be able to show me what you’ve learned. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 26 Jun 2007 Mel91F said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m leaving on July 2nd as well. Can’t wait hey! See you soon.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion